games tent suggestions

    Message 1 of 2 , May 10, 2008
      One of my friends made a couple of suggestions for the tent this year
      which sound interesting.

      One is to try and organize a Play Chess with a Knight Night. Both
      for training of squires in one of their proper arts and to encourage
      folk to play chess in the down times. I asked her to see if we can
      get a seeding of knights who are willing before we push the idea,
      then we can see about girls in low cut bodices passing out free
      refreshments or at least water to the players and advertising.

      The other thrust is towards the kids, which are spiff and fine but
      its not a bad idea to remind parents that the Period Gaming Tent is
      not Children's point and while our staff are nice folks and
      volunteers they are not trained child care professionals so we
      strongly encourage parents to accompany their children to the Tent
      and remember their obligations under the Pennsic Rules. And
      meanwhile to get at least some of is certified as child safe.

      Will pass along more information as I get some solid suggestionsa nd
      we can see what makes sense