Class list so far

    Message 1 of 2 , May 2, 2008
      Hi gang,

      There are still a few hours to submit classes, and there may be some
      classes in the pipeline working their way to me, but here is what we
      have so far:

      Fun & Easy Medieval Games - Ana Ximenez de Gaucin (3, 9, 12 mans morris)
      Mom, I'm BORED - Lady Keeley the Tinker (Merrils, Alquerque, Goose,
      Glukshaus)
      Games to Make and Play - Lady Keeley the Tinker
      Simple Medieval Dice and Table Games - Goodwif Jhone Woodcote
      Losing Loadum - Michel Wolffauer
      The World - Four player backgammon - Michel Wolffauer
      Gleek - Late Renaissance card game - Michel Wolffauer
      Mancala and friends: Pit and Stone games - Lord Istvan
      Game of the Goose - Lord Istvan
      Alquerques - Lord Istvan
      Tarot: The Card game - Lord Istvan
      Viking Chess - Lord Istvan (Talf games)
      Odd moris and tic tac toe games - Lord Istvan
      How to Play In Personna - Lord Istvan

      Thanks!
      Michel
      Message 2 of 2 , May 10, 2008
        One of my friends made a couple of suggestions for the tent this year
        which sound interesting.

        One is to try and organize a Play Chess with a Knight Night. Both
        for training of squires in one of their proper arts and to encourage
        folk to play chess in the down times. I asked her to see if we can
        get a seeding of knights who are willing before we push the idea,
        then we can see about girls in low cut bodices passing out free
        refreshments or at least water to the players and advertising.

        The other thrust is towards the kids, which are spiff and fine but
        its not a bad idea to remind parents that the Period Gaming Tent is
        not Children's point and while our staff are nice folks and
        volunteers they are not trained child care professionals so we
        strongly encourage parents to accompany their children to the Tent
        and remember their obligations under the Pennsic Rules. And
        meanwhile to get at least some of is certified as child safe.

        Will pass along more information as I get some solid suggestionsa nd
        we can see what makes sense