81Re: Post-Pennsic notes

  • Tinker
    Aug 23, 2007
      The only problem I saw was people who wanted to play a game in the
      tent while a class was being taught.

      You had some LARGE classes this year - a great turnout on the 2 I
      managed to attend and it was hard to find a seat or table space to
      take notes because some of the gamers had to almost be forced to
      move.

      I'll be ready to teach next Pennsic and I'd love to see a larger,
      tent, one that you can set up a section for players and one for
      classes.

      Loved the classes and the friendly help I got when I had questions!
      Great Job and looking forward to next year.

      Keely the Tinker

      --- In pennsicgames@yahoogroups.com, "Mike Knauer" <mike@...> wrote:

      > Greetings!
      >
      > Another Pennsic is over and the Games Tent continues to be a
      popular
      > stop for many people. We held 18 classes, taught by seven
      different
      > teachers, most all of whom have taught at the Tent before. We also
      > held an afternoon of Go on Friday, which I think went over very
      well.
      > If we don't fill all our class slots next year, we should probably
      > consider putting it on the schedule right from the start.
      >
      > Does anyone have any thoughts on what went right, what went wrong,
      and
      > what they'd like to see different next year?
      >
      > I'm going to continue to request a 20' x 30' tent, and I'm going to
      > make sure we get 4 tables and 32 chairs right from the start.
      > Anything else we should pass along to the higher ups?
      >
      > Should we shift the hours to 10 - 6? (Currently we post them as 9-
      5).

      > As always, we could use more volunteers and teachers, but that
      will be
      > best worked on next spring.
      >
      > In Service,
      > Michel Wolffauer