61Re: Time to get started

  • Monster
    Mar 22, 2006
      Hi there,

      I am new to this group and I would be interested in helping out at
      the game tent. I have a few quick questions.

      Will there be a game tent during first week, or only second?

      Can I bring my own period game or are there restrictions?

      I may only be able to help out for a couple hours on one or two
      days, will there be a schedual or can I just show up when time
      permits?

      --- In pennsicgames@yahoogroups.com, Michel Wolffauer <mike@...>
      wrote:

      > Greetings Folks!
      >
      > It is time to start pulling things together for this year's Games
      > Tent at Pennsic.
      >
      > We have a page up already on the Pennsic website, and I see we've
      > attracted a few new members from it already (Welcome!) For those
      of
      > you who haven't seen it, it can be found at:
      >
      > http://www.pennsicwar.org/penn35/AANDS/gaming.html
      >
      > I've had them list our hours as 9 AM to 5 PM again, Saturday to
      > Friday. We also have our regular three class slots available each
      > day (10 AM, 1 PM, 3 PM). More slots can be added if we manage to
      fill these.

      > What we need right now are teachers to put together some classes.
      As
      > usually we'll fill in any of the usual classes that no one else
      > offers to teach.
      >
      > We need commitments from folks to help man the tent during it's
      > normal hours, and we need to discuss if we want to run some
      > tournaments again. Last year I believe the tournaments were the
      best
      > we've had in terms of participants. It would be cool to see that
      again.

      > We are hoping to get a larger tent this year, but with Grimm's
      > getting out of the rental business, we may be stuck with what ever
      > Pennsic has to offer (our usual 20x20). Still we have a request
      in
      > for a 20x30.
      >
      > Any questions, please feel free to ask!
      >
      > In Service,