52Re: Game Teachers wanted!

    May 5, 2005
      Greetings folks!

      Yasha wrote:
      >Although I have never taught a class before if there is anything I can
      >do to help let me know. I am certainly willing to help work in the
      >tent pretty much every day of war week.

      We can certainly use the help at the tent.

      Meanwhile, would you (or anyone else out there) like to teach
      something? It's really not too hard if it's a game you know fairly
      well. Plus we'd love to see more folks teaching :)

      Right now we've got the following topics covered:
      Tarot
      Byzantine Chess
      Nard (Backgammon)
      Kugelach (Judaic Knucklebones)
      Xiang-qi (Chinese Chess)
      Introduction to period board games (covering Alquerques and Fox & Geese,
      I believe)

      I will add (unless someone else wants to teach them):
      Tafl
      Intro to Go

      Istvan can probably give us two or three of the following:
      Fanorona
      Mancala
      Game of Goose
      9 Man's Morris

      Other classes we've had in the past (and wouldn't mind seeing again):
      Astronomical Tables
      Primero
      Any of the other Chess variants (European or Asian)
      Karnoffel
      One-and-Thirty
      Laugh and Lie Down
      Rhythmomachy