197Re: [pennsicgames] Classes at Pennsic 40

    Apr 19, 2011
      I usually teach some card games, but I can teach other things if needed.  In the past I have filled in some of the holes in classes.  This year, I am coming late to Pennsic, and leaving early (although I'm not sure yet how early).  This year, I am also running a history display, so I won't be able to commit as much time to the tent as I have in the past.  I will be at Pennsic and available Sunday and Monday of war week, but I cannot commit to any other days this far out.
      Last year I made up 2- 8' table cloths with game boards printed on them. One table cloth had fitchneal, alquerques, fox and geese and 9-men's morris, with rules. The other had regular backgammon, 4-player backgammon, and 7-player backgammon.  I can bring these with me to Pennsic if you want them again. If someone else can get them back to me sometime after Pennsic, I can leave them when I go home, if I have to leave before the tent closes.
      Also Brusten- we found that last year some of the classes held in the games tent did not really work in the tent.  One class on Japanese Games really needed to be held on the battlefield, or somewhere else with space for field games, rather than tables for board and card games.

      -Naomi

      On Sun, Apr 10, 2011 at 6:02 PM, Pat Smith <brusten@...> wrote:

      Who is planning on teaching at Pennsic this year, and what are you
      planning on teaching?

      We need to start getting classes registered , and have a good sized
      selection of classes available if we want to keep the Pennsic gaming
      tent, given the demands for resources on the Pennsic staff.

      Brusten

    • Show all 27 messages in this topic