1Greetings!

    May 12, 2004
      Greetings and thanks for joining us!

      I'm copying this to Istvan since he's not on the mailing list (yet?). For
      those of you who don't know him, Istvan is the one who started the Gaming
      Tent and has been running it for the last five or six years.

      (Istvan - which Pennsic was it's first appearance?)

      Galen and I have been helping out the past few years, adding classes and
      contests to the mix.

      My main goal over the next week is to get together a class list for the
      tent. I've heard from two people with specific classes and maybe two more
      willing to fill in basic classes that aren't covered. Several of our
      regular teachers, like Justin, are not going to be able to make it this year.

      One of the teachers I've talked to will only be at Pennsic for the first
      week (leaves that Sunday), and would like to teach a class on Alfonso's
      Grande Chess. For this to happen, he'd either need to teach on Saturday,
      or we need to have someone available earlier to help get the tent set
      up. Istvan said he'd probably only be there one week, and I'm only doing
      war week (but showing up on Friday). Galen, what about you?

      Our general plan for this year is:
      - The usual collection of period games
      - Get a mention in the program booklet
      - Get a mention on the web site
      - Get more volunteers
      - Class slots at 10 AM, 1 PM & 3 PM, beginning as soon as possible and
      running until the last Friday (or we run out of classes).
      - Tent open from 9 or 10 AM until 5 or 6 PM each day through Friday.
      - Galen has offered to run the unofficial war point and tournament again.

      Well, that's were we stand right now. We need to decide on the hours and
      write up a blurb for the web site, and then try and see if we can get it
      added to the program booklet.