Anouncin the New PennLUG Forum

  • Cale
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 13, 2009
      In an effort to keep our growing club better organized were are pleased to announce the New PennLUG Forums .

      The yahoo group has served us well but as we have grown it has begun to show some deficiencies. Keeping track of multiple ongoing conversations, keeping multiple threads organized and looking up information in older threads is difficult. This new forum is much better suited to the task. This will be especially important as we begin to do more collaborative builds, do larger displays, and become a much more active club in general. Separate threads will be easier to find and track and the posts within those threads will be much better organized and readable.

      The downside to switching to this new forum structure is that unlike the yahoo group this new forum is not set up to send out email for all messages posted to the group. You will have to go to the forum web page to find any new posts. We feel the benefits of this new forum far outweigh this drawback however. It also may still be possible to set up an emailing system from the new forum. If any one has any insight into this please chime in.

      The success of this new forum will depend on all of us switching over and actively reading on a daily basis. It is the clubs intention to move all conversations over to this new group. The yahoo group will still remain for legacy purposes but it is hoped that from here on any new discussions will take place on the new forum. So please take the time to register, introduce your self , and explore the new forum. We hope you will find it to your liking.

      Thank You
      Cale Leiphart
      PennLUG
    • Cale
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 13, 2009
        That should have read "Announcing" in the title instead of "Anouncin". One advantage to the new forum is that such mistakes can be more easily corrected.

        Cale

        --- In Pennlug@yahoogroups.com, "Cale" <steampoweredbricks@...> wrote:

        > In an effort to keep our growing club better organized were are pleased
        > to announce the New PennLUG Forums
        > <http://pennlug.forum-motion.com/index.htm> .
        >
        > The yahoo group has served us well but as we have grown it has begun to
        > show some deficiencies. Keeping track of multiple ongoing conversations,
        > keeping multiple threads organized and looking up information in older
        > threads is difficult. This new forum is much better suited to the task.
        > This will be especially important as we begin to do more collaborative
        > builds, do larger displays, and become a much more active club in
        > general. Separate threads will be easier to find and track and the posts
        > within those threads will be much better organized and readable.
        >
        > The downside to switching to this new forum structure is that unlike the
        > yahoo group this new forum is not set up to send out email for all
        > messages posted to the group. You will have to go to the forum web page
        > to find any new posts. We feel the benefits of this new forum far
        > outweigh this drawback however. It also may still be possible to set up
        > an emailing system from the new forum. If any one has any insight into
        > this please chime in.
        >
        > The success of this new forum will depend on all of us switching over
        > and actively reading on a daily basis. It is the clubs intention to move
        > all conversations over to this new group. The yahoo group will still
        > remain for legacy purposes but it is hoped that from here on any new
        > discussions will take place on the new forum. So please take the time to
        > register, introduce your self
        > <http://pennlug.forum-motion.com/welcome-to-pennlug-f1/> , and explore
        > the new forum. We hope you will find it to your liking.
        >
        > Thank You
        > Cale Leiphart
        > PennLUG

      • Ralph Rondeau
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 14, 2009

          Greetings Pennlug,

          Just wanted to let you know that after dealing on Bricklink for 6 + years, this link and Seller is clearly clearly the best!!! I know that I will be using this shop for my spare parts.

          Just thought you guys and gals should know!!

          Ralph

          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 14, 2009

            Is this a real note from one of us or did we just get spammed?

            -MDT

            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 14, 2009
              No you didn't get spammed! I just had an incredible shopping experience and thought I would share it with the group. Maybe the group could get good deals. Oh well, I tried. Other news, I belong to BJ's wholesale and seen those mats I think the group was looking for. Also nice tables and chairs that look weather resistant.

              Message 6 of 6 , Dec 15, 2009
                I believe the confusion comes from the fact that you replied to an email/announcment about are new forum instead of sending it in a brand new email all on its own. This is one reasone we created the forum, was to cut down on confusion multi topics in same emails.

                For those of you that haven't yet, please head on over and register thanks.

                www.pennlug.forum-motion.com