Re: Re: John's Record Box

  • Pete Flynn
    Message 1 of 66 , Nov 1, 2005
      > Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 20:01:42 +0000 (GMT)
      > From: Garry Latham <garry_latham@...>
      > Subject: Re: Re: John's Record Box
      >

      > Buffalo Stance was a keen tune in it's day. But then
      > I'm young enough to have been impressed at the time.
      > ;-D

      absolutely! and it still sounds (surprisingly?) good and feisty today
      too, didn't Tim Simenon (Bomb The Bass) or someone produce it?

      anyway, if I remember correctly, Neneh was no stranger to Peel's show
      either - I'm pretty certain he played her previous band (Rip Rig &
      Panic? something like that...). Someone else can possibly confirm
      this, I was only 7 when buffalo stance came out so... ;)
    • Garry Latham
      Message 66 of 66 , Nov 2, 2005
        Martin Wheatley wrote:

        >Garry Latham said
        >>I never knew she such 'Peel Credible' past.
        >>
        >>Discogs would disagree about SAW producing Buffalo
        >>Stance: http://www.discogs.com/release/231736
        >>
        >I didn't say they did. I said they produced the
        >original version of the
        >song which was 'Looking Good Diving'
        >by Morgan McVey.

        Sorry Martin, I completely misread you post. I had too
        much Buffalo Stance on the brain.

        Garry