Re: Peel Sessions Live!

  • Stephen_J._Wood@xxxxxxxx.xxxxx.xxxxxxxxx
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 2 3:12 AM
      Hi, all!

      Just got back from London (1 hour 45 from Tottenham Court Road to Tescos in
      Bristol, not bad!)(Brilliant to get the week's shopping done at 1am!)

      As you will have heard, PJ was brilliant! no new stuff, but great to see her
      back to her Strat &Marshall Stack! Those early songs made me long for the
      days of her 3-piece Punk Rock band.

      The PJ&JP broadcast seemed to be unedited, though the whole show went out
      about 90 minutes after the recording, so it wasn't actually live, as Peel
      seemed to suggest during the broadcast, though maybe his entire show was
      recorded 90 minutes early.

      The Bunnymen broadcast definitely was edited, as Mac spent half the night
      moaning about feedback from his vocal mic. It was almost like the monitor guy
      was doing it on purpose just to wind him up. (Surely not!)

      Cheers!

      Rocker,

      rocker@...
    • Dave Moore
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 3 11:43 AM
        Dear All

        Was working Thursday night and didn't manage to organise to get the PJ
        Harvey/Peel broadcast taped. If anyone could help out on this I'd be very
        grateful indeed.

        Cheers

        Dave
      • Kim Harrison-Lavoie
        Message 3 of 3 , May 14, 1999
          Hello Dave

          I've sent your tape off at last. You should have it by
          tomorrow.

          Sorry for the delay!

          Kim

          On Sat, 03 Apr 1999 20:43:18 +0100 Dave Moore
          <dave-moore@...> wrote:

          > From: Dave Moore <dave-moore@...>
          >
          > Dear All
          >
          > Was working Thursday night and didn't manage to organise to
          > get the PJ Harvey/Peel broadcast taped. If anyone could
          > help out on this I'd be very grateful indeed.
          >
          > Cheers
          >
          > Dave

          > Ta Da! Come see our new web site!
          > http://www.onelist.com