request

  • coderjoe2001@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 13 , May 3, 2001
      This is a request more for info than for a feature.

      Are you planning on implementing color ?

      Maybe even with templates that make certain keywords a certain color ?

      This would be palm-coders heaven!

      Thanks,
      -jc
      Message 2 of 13 , May 3, 2001
        # Are you planning on implementing color ?

        Nope BUT search the Forum for "chrom" [?]. This was already discussed. When
        I get a color Palm then I will reconsider. For the time being I am a B/W guy.
        BUT I may not be able to resist when I see the m505. AMB=Paul
      • coderjoe2001@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 13 , May 3, 2001
          Is that to say that if I gave you a color machine, you would do it
          for me ?

          -jc

        • Bible@Jahoopa.com
          Message 4 of 13 , May 3, 2001
            Paul:
            Having read the reviews of the HandEra VS the 505, I would be VERY
            surprised if you don't end up strongly preferring the HandEra. The
            505 is shaping up to be a unit for people who simply MUST--at ANY
            compromise--have color; whereas the HandEra Engineers have attempted
            to make a machine for the Geek-Elite.

            Message 5 of 13 , May 3, 2001
              # Having read the reviews of the HandEra VS the 505, I would be VERY
              # surprised if you don't end up strongly preferring the HandEra. The
              # 505 is shaping up to be a unit for people who simply MUST--at ANY
              # compromise--have color; whereas the HandEra Engineers have attempted
              # to make a machine for the Geek-Elite.

              I am an the "3rd party developer team" or something like that. Until HandEra
              does not provide Mac development support, I can't and won't consider it.
              Message 6 of 13 , May 3, 2001
                # Is that to say that if I gave you a color machine, you would do it
                # for me ?

                Nope. It's not a matter of money. It's a matter of having a GOOD to
                EXCELLENT color Palm. Right now I am about to buy the top-of-the-line
                Titanium PowerBook with zillions of Gb of RAM and, maybe, with OS X. I've
                been preparing for this moment since 1991 when I got rid of my 1st and last
                [Mac] LapTop. Best regards, Paul
              • Paolo Amoroso
                Message 7 of 13 , May 4, 2001
                  On Thu, 03 May 2001 23:07:17 -0000, <coderjoe2001@...> wrote:

                  > Are you planning on implementing color ?

                  Check the Bookmarks section of the forum:

                  You will find a link titled "pedit in color screen shots" to screen shots
                  showing how pedit looks in color with the Chrome utility.

                  Paolo
                • Paolo Amoroso
                  Message 8 of 13 , May 4, 2001
                    On Thu, 3 May 2001 20:34:05 -0400 (EDT), Paul Nevai
                    <nevai@...-state.edu> wrote:

                    > EXCELLENT color Palm. Right now I am about to buy the top-of-the-line
                    > Titanium PowerBook with zillions of Gb of RAM and, maybe, with OS X. I've

                    I seem to have read that Apple has become profitable again by selling a lot
                    of those gizmos. They look impressive.

                    Paolo
                  • Mark A Mandel
                    Message 9 of 13 , Oct 6, 2002
                      A peditHack request for Paul: When opening Keyboard with Graffiti, if
                      there is a text selection, have it in view.

                      -- Mark A. Mandel
                      Message 10 of 13 , Oct 7, 2002
                        # A peditHack request for Paul: When opening Keyboard with Graffiti, if
                        # there is a text selection, have it in view.

                        ??? It's not there? Amazing. I'll look into it. Best regards, Paul
                      • Mark A Mandel
                        Message 11 of 13 , Oct 7, 2002
                          [I wrote]
                          # A peditHack request for Paul: When opening Keyboard with Graffiti, if
                          # there is a text selection, have it in view.

                          [Paul answered]
                          ??? It's not there? Amazing. I'll look into it. Best regards, Paul

                          <<<<<

                          At least on my Visor Deluxe.

                          -- Mark A. Mandel
                          Message 12 of 13 , Oct 8, 2002
                            # A peditHack request for Paul: When opening Keyboard with Graffiti, if
                            # there is a text selection, have it in view.

                            Guess what, Mark. I checked the Palm OS source files. It's meant to be that
                            way but it ain't. You have discovered a Palm OS bug. I will try to fix
                            it. Alas, only under [before] OS 5. I can't fix it in OS 5. Palm has to do
                            it. Best regards, Paul
                            Message 13 of 13 , Oct 8, 2002
                              Mark A Mandel wrote to Paul Nevai:
                              #
                              # A peditHack request for Paul: When opening Keyboard with Graffiti, if
                              # there is a text selection, have it in view.

                              Dear Mark:

                              Please test it. I'm gonna e-mail it to you. BTW, it's an LapTopHack request.
                              Muchos gracias and toda raba, Paul