Re: [peditors] expanding pedit's potential

  • Paolo Amoroso
    Message 1 of 6 , May 2, 2001
      On Tue, 1 May 2001 18:53:45 EDT, Jerry Skelley <jesk50@...> wrote:

      > By the way, if Jennifer is still reading this lengthy dissertation, here is a
      > script to delete "from anywhere" to the "end of the present sentence":
      [...]

      I have linked this from the list of pedit scripts:

      http://web.mclink.it/amoroso/pedit/scripts-list.html

      Paolo
    • Peter R Grierson
      Message 2 of 6 , May 2, 2001
        This follows the principle of "Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day.
        Teach a man to fish and you get rid of him for the weekend."

        Including explanations with the scripts will tempt more of us into spending
        our weekends writing scripts for pedit!

        =====
        Date: Tue, 1 May 2001 18:53:45 EDT
        From: jesk50@...
        Subject: expanding pedit's potential

        <snip>

        But 1 out of 5 peditors might consider writing a script in magiPad (sooner
        or
        later), especially if they see examples of other scripts. Especially if the
        example scripts are accompanied by a brief explanation.

        <snip>

        =====

        Peter R.

        "All Accounting is creative."
      • Dirk Spackman
        Message 3 of 6 , May 3, 2001
          Hi Jerry, this scrip works great, thanks. But you need to put a "/" after
          the esc character in 0x03 and 0x04 or it does very strange things. Somehow
          it would bring up the "Recent" dialog. I'm still trying to figure out how it
          did that. But it doesn't do anything destructive that I can find. Just makes
          the screen flash through a lot of unexpected dialogs.
          Having fun in pedit script land.....
          Dirk [:o))