Re: [peditors] LapTopHackSilent.zip

  • Steven Hill
    Message 1 of 14 , May 2, 2001
      On 2/5/01 11:06, Paul Nevai at nevai@...-state.edu wrote:

      > Just for fun I made a prototype LapTopHackSilent. Please try it out and
      > please let me know if I should incorporate it into LapTopHack.

      Silent mode seems to work nicely, and it does speed things up a bit.
      Obviously, if you incorporate this functionality it needs to be optional.
      Even experts forget keys every know and then :) You could just assign a key
      to give the current LTH screen from within silent mode.

      > P.S. Once you try out LapTopHackSilent, please also try with it "ESC R"
      > [repeatedly] when you are in DateBook or any other application which has a
      > table with a bunch of editable text fields. Does it work? Ain't it cool?

      I don't think this is working yet... Repeated ESC R just keeps switching in
      and out of 'rotator mode'. Also rotator mode doesn't seem to be working
      properly - in DateBk4 the MTWTFSS buttons get selected as you rotate, but
      when you hit return the button activates but doesn't change the day - weird!
      Also I just had a 'Fatal exception' when I switched on my Palm after a
      previous session with LTHSilent. I'm going to switch back to LTHNoisy now!

      Hope this helps.

      With best wishes

      Steven
      Dr Steven Hill | Tel.: +44 (0)1865 275137
      Department of Plant Sciences | Fax.: +44 (0)1865 275074
      South Parks Road | Mobile: +44 (0)7710 461545
      Oxford OX1 3RB,UK | http://www.plants.ox.ac.uk
      Message 2 of 14 , May 2, 2001
        # Hmm, no difference, ESC R, space space etc just selects the buttons
        # and no editable text fields. Or what should it do?

        ESC R is ESC R and not ESC r. AMB=Paul
        Message 3 of 14 , May 2, 2001
          # Please make this a choice on the LTH setup, if you implement it in the
          # release beta version. I for one really like the "esc dialog" and would
          # really miss it if it was not there any longer. Just my $0.02 . Dirk [:o)

          Hi Dirk:

          Why would you think that I would do it otherwise? AMB=Paul
        • Paolo Amoroso
          Message 4 of 14 , May 2, 2001
            On Wed, 2 May 2001 09:50:12 -0600, Dirk Spackman <dirk.spackman@...>
            wrote:

            > Please make this a choice on the LTH setup, if you implement it in the
            > release beta version. I for one really like the "esc dialog" and would
            > really miss it if it was not there any longer. Just my $0.02 . Dirk [:o)

            I agree. There are times when I need the dialogs.

            Paolo
            Message 5 of 14 , May 2, 2001
              # I don't think this is working yet... Repeated ESC R just keeps switching in
              # and out of 'rotator mode'. Also rotator mode doesn't seem to be working
              # properly - in DateBk4 the MTWTFSS buttons get selected as you rotate, but
              # when you hit return the button activates but doesn't change the day - weird!
              # Also I just had a 'Fatal exception' when I switched on my Palm after a
              # previous session with LTHSilent. I'm going to switch back to LTHNoisy now!

              ESC R and ESC r are different. Use ESC R!!! Am I wrong? Rotator in DateBk4?
              It works perfectly for me. What version do you have? I have 4.0c. 'Fatal
              exception'? Odd since LTHSilent is the same as LTH with one twist.
              Message 6 of 14 , May 2, 2001
                # > Please make this a choice on the LTH setup, if you implement it in the
                # > release beta version. I for one really like the "esc dialog" and would
                # > really miss it if it was not there any longer. Just my $0.02 . Dirk [:o)
                #
                # I agree. There are times when I need the dialogs.

                C'mon guys. Would I do it otherwise? AMB=Paul
              • Norbert Preining
                Message 7 of 14 , May 2, 2001
                  On Mit, 02 Mai 2001, Paul Nevai wrote:
                  > ESC R is ESC R and not ESC r. AMB=Paul

                  True, working very nice! Congratulations!

                  --
                  ciao
                  norb

                  | Norbert Preining http://www.logic.at/people/preining |
                  | University of Technology Vienna, Austria preining@... |
                  | DSA: 0x09C5B094 (RSA: 0xCF1FA165) mail subject: get [DSA|RSA]-key |
                • Dirk Spackman
                  Message 8 of 14 , May 2, 2001
                    I was just being anal retentive (sp?). Dirk [;o))

                    peditors-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

                    Message 9 of 14 , May 2, 2001
                      # > ESC R is ESC R and not ESC r. AMB=Paul
                      #
                      # True, working very nice! Congratulations!

                      Norb, Norb, Norb:

                      I am disappointed. All the Austrian friends I have [Franz, Robert, and Hans,
                      also mathematicians] are like the Germans: they pay attention even to the
                      smallest detail. AND THEN YOU mistook an "r" for an "R". Unforgivable. I
                      have to complain to Arnold next March when he comes to Columbus for the
                      Mr. Universe competition [he is the chief sponsor]. AMB=Paul
                      Message 10 of 14 , May 2, 2001
                        # I was just being anal retentive (sp?). Dirk [;o))

                        I think your spelled "I" OK. AMB=Paul
                      • Roy van der Woning
                        Message 11 of 14 , May 2, 2001
                          > I am disappointed. All the Austrian friends I have [Franz,
                          > Robert, and Hans, also mathematicians] are like the Germans:
                          > they pay attention even to the smallest detail. AND THEN YOU
                          > mistook an "r" for an "R". Unforgivable. I have to complain to
                          > Arnold next March when he comes to Columbus for the Mr.
                          > Universe competition

                          He isn't going to relaunch Planet Hollywood? Now *I* am disappointed.
                          Still love the way he pronounces "Harry" as "Hairy" though.

                          Roy.

                          P.S.: what's the point in having another Mr. Universe competition.
                          Wasn't He-Man already Master of the Universe?