Re: pedit5.14_beta

  • Roy van der Woning
    Message 1 of 42 , Mar 31 8:52 AM
      > Because if an entire word is selected then, in fact, the end of
      > the selection already points to the next word. Try in emacs:
      >
      > 111| 222 ["|" cursor] and do a forward word. It becomes "111 222|"
      >
      > OK?

      I haven't been working with emacs in years but if "forward word"
      means "move cursor forward by one word" then yes, this would be
      intuitive for me. But the result of pedit's text moving is different
      for me.

      If I have:

      1 2 3 4 |5| 6 7 8 (with the selection between | and |)

      and I do a right buttonslide on WC, I get:

      1 2 3 6 4 |5| 7 8

      while I expected to get:

      1 2 3 4 6 |5| 7 8

      I expected 5 to move one word to the right but ended up with 6 being
      moved two words to the left (okay, actually both 4 and 5 moved one
      word to the right but that's not how it looks at first sight). If I
      wanted to move 4 as well, I could have just included it in the
      selection.

      Maybe things are different on the Mac/Unix (my vi days are even
      longer ago) but all editors I know never touch anything outside of
      the current selection (unless you specifically tell them to work on
      the entire document).

      Roy.

      (trying very hard to uphold my p.i.t.a. reputation :))
    • Paolo Amoroso
      Message 42 of 42 , Apr 26, 2001
        On Wed, 25 Apr 2001 22:33:42 -0000, Roy van der Woning <rvdw98@...>
        wrote:

        > How did this post (which was from 2001-3-31) end up here?

        I have no idea.

        Paolo