Re: [peditors] Re: new LTH and pedit -> MemoCircus

  • Jesse Jacobsen
    Message 1 of 33 , Feb 1, 2001
      On 02/01/01, Paul Nevai wrote:
      > 1. Is there a paragraph break within 100 chars? If yes, go there.
      >
      > 2. If not, then is there a new line within 100 chars? If yes, go there.
      >
      > 3. Same with space.
      >
      > 4. If neither then split right now.

      Would it be fair enough to split or re-split memos with these rules on
      the desktop? I was going to use a fixed fraction of the maximum memo
      size (4k or 32k) in place of 100 chars.

      It would also be nice to split on sentence-endings (prior to spaces),
      but I haven't thought of a reliable way to do it.

      Jesse

      --
      For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it
      is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

      1024D/2E3EBF13 Jesse Jacobsen (Grace, Madison WI) <jmjaco@...>
    • Paolo Amoroso
      Message 33 of 33 , Feb 2, 2001
        On Thu, 01 Feb 2001 20:22:18 -0500, The White Crow <whytcrow@...> wrote:

        > Ack! Well, I knew it was before LTH first appeared (which was sometime in
        > August, yes)? My mind must be going -- it seems like so long ago!

        Paul announced LapTopHack to his peditors@peditors_of_the_world_unite.org
        list on July 18, 2000, and the following day to the Peditors Forum.

        Paolo - Director, MVSEVM OF THE HISTORY OF PEDITING