Re: [peditors] pedit Printer Compatibility List - call for submissions

  • Paolo Amoroso
    Message 1 of 20 , Jan 1, 2001
      On Sun, 31 Dec 2000 20:58:12 -0500, The White Crow <whytcrow@...> wrote:

      > Oh certainly! Perhaps if it is worthwhile enough, Paolo can put it as a
      > file to download -- how to actually print via TealPrint! ;)

      Sure.

      Paolo
    • Paolo Amoroso
      Message 2 of 20 , Jul 14, 2001
        Since there are many new peditors, this is an appropriate time for a new
        pedit Printer Compatibility List call for submissions.

        If you use your Palm OS device with a printer, and if the printer works
        with pedit, I would appreciate it if you could spend a few minutes to add
        an entry for it in the pedit Printer Compatibility List:

        This may be a valuable resource for peditors who are considering purchasing
        a printer. I thank you in advance for the information you will provide.

        All members of this forum can add or edit entries to the list. Full
        instructions for doing so are available as file
        `pedit-printer-list-readme.txt' in the Files section of the forum:

        I include below a copy of that file for your convenience.

        Paolo

        This list includes entries for all kinds of printers--e.g. desktop,
        portable, laser, dot matrix, inkjet, etc.--that are known to work with
        the pedit family of text editors (http://www.paulcomputing.com/) for
        the Palm OS operating system. Entries for printers that, while
        nominally providing the required features such as an IrDA interface or
        a software driver, do not work with pedit for some reason, also belong
        here.

        All subscribers to the Peditors Forum can add to, edit and delete
        entries from the list. Before deleting a record, please double check
        that the information it includes is no longer necessary.

        To add a new record, go to the list's Web interface mentioned at the
        top of this file and click on the "Add Record" button. You can then
        fill in the following fields:

        * Complete printer name (e.g. HP LaserJet 5MP, Canon BJC-80; if
        possible include a Web site for not widely know printers)

        * Printer category (e.g. laser/desktop, inkjet/portable, dot
        matrix/desktop)

        * Printing software used with pedit (e.g. TealPrint 1.41)

        * Compatibility notes (e.g. works fine, tested only with IR printing,
        does not work, requires WizBang 3.14 driver, dog slow, works only in
        text mode, IR beam interferes with tractor beam, contact Your Name
        <yourname@...> for usage tips, etc.)

        Please provide as much information as possible. To edit or delete an
        existing record click the relevant button on the above mentioned Web
        form.

        Paolo Amoroso <amoroso@...> - Moderator, Peditors Forum