Re: A bit confused

  • tyler@tbeard.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 18, 2000
      --- In peditors@egroups.com, "R G Clark" <r.g.clark@g...> wrote:

      <clip>
      > So, here are my questions:
      >
      > Which one do I assign to my "memo" button on my Palm Vx?

      PeditPro

      > What's the difference in pedit and pedit 32 -- (I know peditpro
      combines these two)

      pedit uses built in memo database, ergo 4K max on text size.
      pedit32 uses its own database that is capable of "pmemos" of 32K, but
      alas it doesn't sync into the desktop memo program because of the
      unique database.

      > Can I delete some of these if I assign peditpro to the memo
      button? I guess what I'm asking is: is peditpro the end all, stand-
      alone app, or does it pull from pedit and pedit32?

      In the List view hit menu/options/total cleaner upper... select
      delete pedit and pedit32 and hit OK. Poof, aforementioned are now
      deleted, peditpro is intact and fully functional with all the
      features of the deleted two.

      > And, finally, once I'm running with the correct pedit app,
      >can/should I delete "Memo Pad" -- I think I can/should, just asking.

      Can't/shouldn't. It's not taking up any of your Vx's 8MB anyway, its
      in ROM.

      And BTW, hello all! This is my first post, and I axiously await the
      nuggetts of insight that I'm sure will come pouring forth in the days
      to come.

      tyler
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 18, 2000
        Hey Tyler:

        Great job!!!

        #
        # Can't/shouldn't. It's not taking up any of your Vx's 8MB anyway, its
        # in ROM.

        Well, I'd say: I wish I could but I can't.

        # And BTW, hello all! This is my first post, and I axiously await the
        # nuggetts of insight that I'm sure will come pouring forth in the days
        # to come.

        As above: great job.

        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 18, 2000
        • Kirt Wilson
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 19, 2000
            On Tue, 18 Jul 2000 tyler@... wrote:

            > Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 23:40:07 -0000
            > From: tyler@...
            > To: peditors@egroups.com
            > Subject: [peditors] Re: A bit confused
            >
            > --- In peditors@egroups.com, "tyler" wrote:
            >
            > In the List view hit menu/options/total cleaner upper... select
            > delete pedit and pedit32 and hit OK. Poof, aforementioned are now
            > deleted, peditpro is intact and fully functional with all the
            > features of the deleted two.
            >

            > tyler

            So I've followed these directions, yet the icons for pedit and pedit32
            remain. I tried again and was told, in a very nice dialogue box I might
            add, that neither pedit or pedit32 were present. How could the icons
            remain when the programs are gone? Are they really gone? When I choose
            one of the icons, it invokes the correct program. Is this merely a link
            to peditPro or is something else going on?

            Kirt

            A clear idea is therefore another name for a little idea.

            -Edmund Burke, On the Sublime
            Kirt H. Wilson
            Assistant Professor
            Speech-Communication Dept. 612.624.5235 :Office Phone
            225 Ford Hall wilso092@... :Email
            224 Church St. SE
            Minneapolis, MN 55455 http://www.comm.umn.edu/~kwilson :Web
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 19, 2000
              # So I've followed these directions, yet the icons for pedit and pedit32
              # remain. I tried again and was told, in a very nice dialogue box I might
              # add, that neither pedit or pedit32 were present. How could the icons
              # remain when the programs are gone? Are they really gone? When I choose
              # one of the icons, it invokes the correct program. Is this merely a link
              # to peditPro or is something else going on?

              Yep, a link. See

              http://www.math.ohio-state.edu/~nevai/palm/man.html#PEDITANDPEDIT32ALIASES

              Wow. I am becoming impressed by my own manual.