Beaming

  • mereimage9@aol.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 10, 2000
      I have been trying to beam my pedit database (memos) from my old
      handheld (a Palm IIIc) into my new Handspring Prism. So far I can't
      get any memos from PeditPro (from the IIIc)into the Prism. PeditPro
      5 is installed on the Prism. It was installed during the initial
      hotsync with my PC. I've tried beaming individual memos and "beam
      category". The IIIc says it is sending, the Prism says it is
      receiving but there is nothing there once I tap the "accept" button.
      I have beamed other applications and their databases into the Prism
      from the IIIc.

      Can someone help me? I am a relative newbie to both computers and to
      the Palm. I've read the manual but haven't been able to find an
      answer. If there is one, please just point me to the right page.

      Thanks

      Pat
    • Dirk Spackman
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 10, 2000
        Look in the manual under "Beam Memo". It says that both palms need to have
        the same version and type of pedit on them. You could also try converting
        the catagories to a doc file under "export catagory", beam the doc file then
        import the doc file into pedit on the Prism. Hope this helps. Dirk [:o)

        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 10, 2000
          # I have been trying to beam my pedit database (memos) from my old
          # handheld (a Palm IIIc) into my new Handspring Prism. So far I can't
          # get any memos from PeditPro (from the IIIc)into the Prism. PeditPro
          # 5 is installed on the Prism. It was installed during the initial
          # hotsync with my PC. I've tried beaming individual memos and "beam
          # category". The IIIc says it is sending, the Prism says it is
          # receiving but there is nothing there once I tap the "accept" button.
          # I have beamed other applications and their databases into the Prism
          # from the IIIc.

          Your memos will be in Memo32DB so you need to switch there and check.
          Do you want me to call you? Best regards, Paul
        • mereimage9@aol.com
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 10, 2000
            I've tried to find the Memo32DB. It shows up on the Palm Info page
            as Memo32DB and has 38K listed as it's size, 37 records, version
            3.5. But there are no memos either in Memo Pad or PeditPro. Both of
            the handhelds have PeditPro 5 on them. The "old" handheld has the
            memos there, but the new one does not.

            Pat
          • mereimage9@aol.com
            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 10, 2000
              Please disregard former message about Memo32DB. I just reread your
              message, Paul, and figured out what you meant by the memos being in
              Memo32DB. I found them. Thanks for the help.

              Pat
            • Amir Mehrkar
              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 3, 2002
                Hi.

                I would like to thank JohnH and Paul for recently emailing about pedit code. I have yet to fully finish reading, understanding and regurg their replies. I will not give an excuse (..okay...girlfriends 21st takes over!).

                But today I beamed to Jen our shopping list.
                I was on pedit04 which is succesfully installed (and apart from this beaming issue) working fine on my FLASH ROM. She doesn't have peditpro yet but her palm didn't accept the memo.....incompatible program error.

                Should she have pedit installed? Or should this have worked?

                Amir

                Message 7 of 7 , Sep 3, 2002
                  # Should she have pedit installed? Or should this have worked?

                  See the manual. Search for the word "beam". Best regards, Paul