Re: [peditors] Kinoma Player 4 EX for the Palm - off topic

    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 7, 2011
      On Sun, Jan 30, 2011 at 8:34 AM, Paul Nevai <nevai@...-state.edu> wrote:
      > Hi Guys:
      >
      > Do you have any suggestions how I could buy Kinoma Player 4 EX?  Kinoma is no
      > longer sold/supported. Ironically, I wanted to register it the week' after
      > they stopped selling it.
      >
      > I use the handicapped version of Kinoma on my Centro all the time.

      If they no longer sell/support it, no. You would need a cracked
      registered copy.

      What do you use it for? There may be something else that will do the job.
      _____
      Dennis
    • Voytek Eymont
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 7, 2011
        On Tue, February 8, 2011 12:34 pm, dmccunney wrote:
        > On Sun, Jan 30, 2011 at 8:34 AM, Paul Nevai <nevai@...-state.edu>
        > wrote:

        > If they no longer sell/support it, no. You would need a cracked
        > registered copy.

        it was available on 'trialpay' at some point, maybe it still is ...?

        they also made it available for free, I think ? shortly before it became
        abandoned

        I just tried re-installing my copy (that I never really use (apart from
        testing)), it seems to be keyed to both user id and hardware id, then it
        authenticates with Kinoma's server (which is operating OK), it seems from
        this installation I've just done that it wouldn't register on different
        Palm or with different user id

        > What do you use it for? There may be something else that will do the
        > job.

        it's probably the only youtube player for Palm ? for other media, other
        apps are way better (TCMP, Resco)

        --
        Voytek
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 8, 2011
          On Mon, Feb 7, 2011 at 9:06 PM, Voytek Eymont <voytek@...> wrote:

          >> What do you use it for?  There may be something else that will do the
          >> job.
          >
          > it's probably the only youtube player for Palm ? for other media, other
          > apps are way better (TCMP, Resco)

          Hmmm, right. If I really wanted to deal with YouTube on my PDA, I'd
          probably download the videos and convert for TCPMP.

          > Voytek
          _____
          Dennis
        • Dwight C. Carr
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 14, 2011
            I also made a note to purchase Kinoma as soon as they announced that version
            4 was available for Palm, but went to purchase shortly after they pulled the
            plug. I tried MMplayer, which does not play youtube on my TX. I purchased
            CorePlayer, the commercial version of TCMP, and it does play youtube on my
            TX sometimes.

            I am planning to test Opra Mini on my TX as I have heard it plays youtube
            video.

            Regards,

            Dwight.

            Do you have any suggestions how I could buy Kinoma Player 4 EX? Kinoma is no
            longer sold/supported. Ironically, I wanted to register it the week' after
            they stopped selling it.

            I use the handicapped version of Kinoma on my Centro all the time.

            Thanks! All=my=best, Paul

            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 14, 2011
              On Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 4:22 PM, Dwight C. Carr <carrdwight@...> wrote:
              > I also made a note to purchase Kinoma as soon as they announced that version
              > 4 was available for Palm, but went to purchase shortly after they pulled the
              > plug.  I tried MMplayer, which does not play youtube on my TX.  I purchased
              > CorePlayer, the commercial version of TCMP, and it does play youtube on my
              > TX sometimes.

              What sort of results do you get?

              > I am planning to test Opra Mini on my TX as I have heard it plays youtube
              > video.

              Good luck. IIRC, Opera Mini for Palm OS requires an IBM Palm OS port
              of Java, which is no longer available. (I had fun locating a version
              compatible with my Tapwave Zodiac 2. Opera Mini more or less worked
              on it, but I never tried playing YouTube.)

              _____