multi-clip ? copy ? paste?

  • Voytek Eymont
    Message 1 of 16 , Dec 10, 2009
      John,

      the scripts are working wonderfully.

      I haven't as yet gone over some of the suggestions you made in the last
      few emails, but, on one ocassion, I've received text with some different
      delineator, I quickly looked up it's value, moded one of the scripts, and,
      bingo, good as done

      they should really go in the library here, as, generic web page de-bumfing
      tools

      BUT, a quick question: can I use, how, pToolset for multi clip clipboard ?

      say, I want to collect multiple items from an app, there is several fields
      to get, how can I collect all of them ?

      say I want to paste multiple items, can I, how ?

      (I'm trying to setup Articulation VOIP on a 'new' Palm, so, I need to
      enter or re-enter sip host, domain, name, user, pw, etc.... gotta be an
      easier way...)

      thanks again for all you help

      --
      Voytek
      Message 2 of 16 , Dec 10, 2009
        Hi Voytek -
        Quoting Voytek Eymont <voytek@...>:

        > John,
        >
        > the scripts are working wonderfully.

        great

        > I haven't as yet gone over some of the suggestions you made in the last
        > few emails, but, on one ocassion, I've received text with some different
        > delineator, I quickly looked up it's value, moded one of the scripts, and,
        > bingo, good as done

        very good, well done.

        > BUT, a quick question: can I use, how, pToolset for multi clip clipboard ?
        >
        > say, I want to collect multiple items from an app, there is several fields
        > to get, how can I collect all of them ?

        Do you mean you want to append multiple items into one
        clipboard,a+b+c+d into clipboard A; or, one item per clipboard,
        several clipboards, a into A, b into B, etc.?

        > say I want to paste multiple items, can I, how ?

        Same question as above - ?

        ~ John
      • Voytek Eymont
        Message 3 of 16 , Dec 10, 2009
          <quote who="John Markley">

          > Quoting Voytek Eymont <voytek@...>:

          > Do you mean you want to append multiple items into one
          > clipboard,a+b+c+d into clipboard A; or, one item per clipboard, several
          > clipboards, a into A, b into B, etc.?

          hmmmm, I guess a+b+c+d into clipboard A:
          but... I need each item on it's own line.
          I'll collect all the 'bits' to paste into memo or address book note
          like so:

          sip host name
          domain
          name
          username
          password

          >> say I want to paste multiple items, can I, how ?
          >
          > Same question as above - ?

          for pasting, I'll need 'a into A, b into B'
          in view of that, perhaps 'a into A, b into B' is a better all around
          choice...

          --
          Voytek
        • Franciso José Mancho
          Message 4 of 16 , Dec 10, 2009
            On 12/11/09, *Voytek Eymont* <voytek@...> wrote:

            <quote who="John Markley">

            > Quoting Voytek Eymont <voytek@... <voytek%40sbt.net.au>>:

            > Do you mean you want to append multiple items into one
            > clipboard,a+b+c+d into clipboard A; or, one item per clipboard, several
            > clipboards, a into A, b into B, etc.?

            hmmmm, I guess a+b+c+d into clipboard A:
            but... I need each item on it's own line.
            I'll collect all the 'bits' to paste into memo or address book note
            like so:

            sip host name
            domain
            name
            username
            password

            >> say I want to paste multiple items, can I, how ?
            >
            > Same question as above - ?

            for pasting, I'll need 'a into A, b into B'
            in view of that, perhaps 'a into A, b into B' is a better all around
            choice...

            --
            Voytek

            Hi Voytek (and John)

            I am using some pScripts for multi-clipping purposes in conjunction with
            MagiPad.

            That means that the last 6 MagiPad pads are kept for this use. It is more
            than I year I don't have

            an problem.

            I copy for you the pScripts. Some of them content some John's ideas as we
            discussed them in this forum

            Basically

            All the pScripts should be in your pScriptPad

            MarkSTART and COPYF work together. MarkSTART should be run at the beginning
            of the text

            you want to copy. Once at the end of that text run COPYF.

            COPYF sends the text to one of the 6 last pads in MagiPad. The pScipt clip0
            does the job. COPYF links with it at the level of clip01

            If you have highlighted text you might use clip0 from the beginning and skip
            MarrkSTART and COPYF

            You have six pSripts to paste from those pads: paste1, paste2....

            The last pScript -Show6Clips- shows you the 6 pads in MagiPad

            You can modify the speed increasing the number (100--->150) in the following
            expression

            {wait1::/&varSet@[$1,0] /:X /&varAdd@[$1,1] /&ifGoTo@[$1<100,@@X@@]}

            They work for me. Just in case back up before trying.

            Note that I won�t be able to follow the thread as my t3 is down since last
            Saturday. I cannot charge (the plug is spoilt: palm lower part)

            Enjoy

            Jose

            {MarkSTART::
            /&ifAbort@[$^==0]
            /!/$c/&varSet@[$4,$$]
            /&mess [@@MARKED@@,,040]}

            {COPYF::
            /&ifAbort@[$^==0]
            /!/$c
            /&varSet@[$5,$$]
            /&varAdd@[$5,-$4]
            /&varSubStr@[$A,$^,$4,$5]
            /&script [@@COPYF1@@]}
            {COPYF1::/&script [@@COPYF2@@]}
            {COPYF2::
            /&script$[@@clip01@@]}
            /K �/xs /K4aA /xn /Ka}

            {clip0:: /Kq /K2cA /&script$ [@@clip01@@]}
            {clip01::/K
            /&ifGoTo@ [$9<6,@@X@@]
            /Ki
            /&varSet@[$9,0]
            /:X
            /&varAdd@[$9,1]
            /&ifScript@ [$9==1,@@clip1@@]
            /&ifScript@ [$9==2,@@clip2@@]
            /&ifScript@ [$9==3,@@clip3@@]
            /&ifScript@ [$9==4,@@clip4@@]
            /&ifScript@ [$9==5,@@clip5@@]
            /&ifScript@ [$9==6,@@clip6@@]}

            {clip1::/&specAct[200] /xEpet s8. /&script [@@clipSv@@]}
            {clip2:: /&specAct[201] /xEpet s8. /&script [@@clipSv@@]}
            {clip3::/&specAct[202] /xEpet s8. /&script [@@clipSv@@]}
            {clip4::/&specAct[203] /xEpet s8. /&script [@@clipSv@@]}
            {clip5::/&specAct[204] /xEpet s8. /&script [@@clipSv@@]}
            {clip6::/&specAct[205] /xEpet s8. /&script [@@clipSv@@]}
            {clipSv:: /K4cA /!/KP/xEpeto}

            {paste1::/&specAct[200] /xEpet s8. /xEpet q}
            {paste2::/&specAct[201] /xEpet s8. /xEpet q}
            {paste3::/&specAct[202] /xEpet s8. /xEpet q}
            {paste4::/&specAct[203] /xEpet s8. /xEpet q}
            {paste5::/&specAct[204] /xEpet s8. /xEpet q}
            {paste6::/&specAct[205] /xEpet s8. /xEpet q}

            {wait1::
            /&varSet@[$1,0] /:X /&varAdd@[$1,1] /&ifGoTo@[$1<100,@@X@@]}

            pScript_07
            {Show6Clips::
            /&script$ [@@ShwClp01@@]}
            {ShwClp01::
            /&specAct[200] /&script [@@wait1@@]/o
            /&script$ [@@ShwClp1@@]}
            {ShwClp1::/&specAct[201]/&script [@@wait1@@]/o
            /&script$ [@@ShwClp2@@]}
            {ShwClp2::/&specAct[202]/&script [@@wait1@@]/o
            /&script$ [@@ShwClp3@@]}
            {ShwClp3::/&specAct[203]/&script [@@wait1@@]/o
            /&script$ [@@ShwClp4@@]}
            {ShwClp4::/&specAct[204]/&script [@@wait1@@]/o
            /&script$ [@@ShwClp5@@]}
            {ShwClp5::/&specAct[205]/&script [@@wait1@@]/o}

            Message 5 of 16 , Dec 11, 2009
              Quoting Voytek Eymont <voytek@...>:

              > <quote who="John Markley">

              >> Do you mean you want to append multiple items into one
              >> clipboard,a+b+c+d into clipboard A; or, one item per clipboard, several
              >> clipboards, a into A, b into B, etc.?
              >
              > hmmmm, I guess a+b+c+d into clipboard A:
              > but... I need each item on it's own line.
              > I'll collect all the 'bits' to paste into memo or address book note
              >
              >>> say I want to paste multiple items, can I, how ?
              >>
              >> Same question as above - ?
              >
              > for pasting, I'll need 'a into A, b into B'
              > in view of that, perhaps 'a into A, b into B' is a better all around
              > choice...

              OK. With regard to your original question, can you do this with
              pToolSet, you cannot with pToolSet modules and actions alone, but you
              can with pToolSet pScripting. Jose has posted one way to do so. That
              developed from, or in concert with, a three pScript set I use to copy
              or append sections of text to the clipboard. One pScript marks where
              to start the copy. The other two mark the end and either copy to clip
              or append to what's already there. But, that is a+b+c+....into A.
              There is another way in addition to Jose's to do a to A, b to B, which
              I shall post. But, need to know how you designate the text to be
              copied. Do you make a highlighted selection of what you want copied?

              ~ John
            • Voytek Eymont
              Message 6 of 16 , Dec 11, 2009
                <quote who="John Markley">

                >> for pasting, I'll need 'a into A, b into B' in view of that, perhaps 'a
                >> into A, b into B' is a better all around choice...
                >
                > OK. With regard to your original question, can you do this with
                > pToolSet, you cannot with pToolSet modules and actions alone, but you can
                > with pToolSet pScripting. Jose has posted one way to do so. That
                > developed from, or in concert with, a three pScript set I use to copy or
                > append sections of text to the clipboard. One pScript marks where to
                > start the copy. The other two mark the end and either copy to clip or
                > append to what's already there. But, that is a+b+c+....into A. There is
                > another way in addition to Jose's to do a to A, b to B, which I shall
                > post. But, need to know how you designate the text to be copied. Do you
                > make a highlighted selection of what you want copied?

                John,

                yes, I do dble click to select/hilite

                but, just thinking, for what I want here, the solution might end up 'too
                complex'...

                basically, I'm trying to back up setting from an app, in this instance, I
                have Articulation VOIP app, with three or four VOIP providers, and, I want
                to back up setting to be be able to recreate them on another Palm or at
                another time

                so, in this, I have a single screen with 4 or 5 fields;
                each field an entry with single word in it (except user name, two words)

                perhaps I should install the multi clip tool (name escapes me now)

                but, I'll try Jose's scripts

                --
                Voytek
                Message 7 of 16 , Dec 11, 2009
                  Quoting Voytek Eymont <voytek@...>:

                  > yes, I do dble click to select/hilite
                  >
                  > but, just thinking, for what I want here, the solution might end up 'too
                  > complex'...

                  Yes, maybe so

                  > basically, I'm trying to back up setting from an app, in this instance, I
                  > have Articulation VOIP app, with three or four VOIP providers, and, I want
                  > to back up setting to be be able to recreate them on another Palm or at
                  > another time
                  >
                  > so, in this, I have a single screen with 4 or 5 fields;
                  > each field an entry with single word in it (except user name, two words)
                  >
                  > perhaps I should install the multi clip tool (name escapes me now)

                  I was going to suggest that as one possibility. I don't use a
                  multiclip app, but there are several, and there has been discussion
                  here about such in the past.

                  Also, you might try just doing a clipboard append job, which you can
                  do with pToolSet without pScripts. Copy the first item the usual way,
                  then with pToolSet open pEditTool, select the next text to
                  copy(append), do menu/Edit/Append to ClipBoard, and repeat with each
                  item until done. Then when you print, the whole collection will print.

                  If you find none of this is suitable, I'll post a bunch of pScripts
                  that will give you up to ten separate virtual clipboards, none of
                  which is the normal built-in clipboard. To use clipboard A you would
                  highlight select the text you want and run one pScript, "Acopy". To
                  print you would run another pScript, "Aprint". For your complete list
                  you would use "Bcopy" and "Bprint", etc., up to "Jcopy" and "Jprint".
                  If you lose track of what's where you can run "ShowList" which shows
                  you the text in A, B, C....J. The copied text remains
                  retrievable/printable until either you re-use the relevant copy
                  pScript or you soft reset, same as the normal clipboard.

                  Let me know if you want these.
                • Andy
                  Message 8 of 16 , Dec 12, 2009
                    You know, the easiest way to get multiclipboards is to install LclipDA and a DA launcher, ie, pToolset :).

                    Just highlight the text, launch LclipDA and do that as many times as you want up to 10.
                    Next go to the place you want to paste and call LclipDA for all those stored clips.

                    Simple, small, fast and perfect for Palms.

                    Cheers
                    Andy
                    Message 9 of 16 , Dec 12, 2009

                      Available here: http://www.freewarepalm.com/utilities/lclipda.shtml

                      Message 10 of 16 , Dec 12, 2009
                        Quoting dmccunney <dennis.mccunney@...>:

                        > On Sat, Dec 12, 2009 at 10:09 AM, Andy <andymmail@...> wrote:
                        >> You know, the easiest way to get multiclipboards is to install
                        >> LclipDA and a DA launcher, ie, pToolset :).
                        >>
                        >> Just highlight the text, launch LclipDA and do that as many times
                        >> as you want up to 10.
                        >> Next go to the place you want to paste and call LclipDA for all
                        >> those stored clips.
                        >>
                        >> Simple, small, fast and perfect for Palms.
                        >
                        > Available here: http://www.freewarepalm.com/utilities/lclipda.shtml
                        >
                        >> Cheers
                        >> Andy
                        > ______
                        > Dennis

                        Yeah, I was hoping you guys would come in with this. Much better for
                        what Voytek needs than pScripts.

                        > Groups Links

                      • Voytek Eymont
                        Message 11 of 16 , Dec 12, 2009
                          <quote who="dmccunney">

                          >> Simple, small, fast and perfect for Palms.
                          >>

                          > Available here: http://www.freewarepalm.com/utilities/lclipda.shtml

                          Andy, Dennis, John

                          thanks, that seems even better than the clip utility I was thinking of
                          from the past

                          --
                          Voytek
                          Message 12 of 16 , Dec 12, 2009
                            On Sat, Dec 12, 2009 at 12:34 PM, John Markley <jmmjr@...> wrote:
                            > Quoting dmccunney <dennis.mccunney@...>:
                            >
                            >> On Sat, Dec 12, 2009 at 10:09 AM, Andy <andymmail@...> wrote:
                            >>> You know, the easiest way to get multiclipboards is to install
                            >>> LclipDA and a DA launcher, ie, pToolset :).
                            >>>
                            >>> Just highlight the text, launch LclipDA and do that as many times
                            >>> as you want up to 10.
                            >>> Next go to the place you want to paste and call LclipDA for all
                            >>> those stored clips.
                            >>>
                            >>> Simple, small, fast and perfect for Palms.
                            >>
                            >> Available here: http://www.freewarepalm.com/utilities/lclipda.shtml
                            >
                            > Yeah, I was hoping you guys would come in with this.  Much better for
                            > what Voytek needs than pScripts.

                            I'm conditioned by being a Unix geek. Scripts are wrappers, intended
                            to to together other programs in chains to do useful work.

                            There are things you *can* write entirely as shell scripts, like a
                            Korn shell equivalent I have of the "grep" command, but in general,
                            you're better off to call the real command from a script and process
                            the output it returns.

                            >     ~ John
                            _____
                            Dennis
                          • jhnmarkley
                            Message 13 of 16 , Dec 13, 2009
                              --- In peditors@yahoogroups.com, "Voytek Eymont" <voytek@...> wrote:

                              > Andy, Dennis, John
                              >
                              > thanks, that seems even better than the clip utility I was thinking of
                              > from the past
                              >
                              > Voytek

                              Hi Voytek -

                              Just for the fun of it, put these two pScripts in your pScriptPad -

                              {copy::
                              /xc C
                              /&script$[@@copy2@@]}
                              {copy2::
                              /&specAct[199]
                              /xEpet j c
                              /0x0A
                              /0x0A
                              /xcP}

                              {paste::
                              /&specAct[199]}

                              Highlight select the item you want to copy, and run "{copy::", then tap OK to leave magipad.

                              Do it again with several other items to be copied.

                              Now put the cursor at a location where you want to paste one of the items. Then run "{paste::" , highlight select the item you want to paste, and tap "QopyPaste" at the top left.

                              These pScripts (and all your others) will run on any text field, not just pedit, if you use the pToolSet pScriptTool.

                              Message 14 of 16 , Dec 13, 2009
                                Voytek -

                                Thinking about the two little multiclip pScripts I posted earlier
                                today reminded me of something else I meant to suggest to you. You
                                now are using several pScripts, at least 3 or 4, maybe more. It's
                                time for you to see how useful and effective pScriptButtons is (are)
                                for running pScripts. With pScriptButtons you can open the whole list
                                of your pScripts with one stroke and one tap, and then activate any
                                pScript with one more tap. No writing in of the pScript name. So, if
                                you will, do the following.

                                Open your pScriptPad and at the top put

                                custBtnPageTotal=10

                                That will give you ten panels or pages with 10 buttons on each. Since
                                you have less than 10 pScripts currently (I think), you'll only use
                                page one for now. There are no blank spaces in "custBtnPageTotal=10",
                                it's all one continuous string.

                                Next, think of if you had a list of your pScripts what order would
                                you put them in for ease of use. Then, in your pScriptPad, on the
                                line of the pad immediately above the start of whatever your
                                first-in-line pScript would be, put

                                custBtn.001.1

                                and on the line immediately above the start of your second-in-order
                                pScript (not necessarily the second pScript in your pad, just the one
                                you would have second on your list), put

                                custBtn.001.2

                                and so forth until custBtn.001.0, which is the tenth and last button
                                on page one. Just stop when you've run out of pScripts. If you have
                                more than ten, the next one is custBtn.002.1, etc.

                                There are no blank spaces in custBtn.xxx.x. You do not have to have
                                the custBtn tags in numerical order in the pScriptPad, they will do
                                the ordering for you in pScriptButtons. The only requirement is that
                                the tag is right before the pScript, thus

                                custBtn.xxx.x
                                {pScriptName::

                                Now, close your pad and open your pToolSet pMasterTool list and
                                select pScriptButtons. Voila! A tap on a button will run that
                                pScript. So, for example, if you wanted to use the "copy" pScript I
                                sent you earlier today you would give it a custBtn tag, it would be in
                                your buttons panel. You would highlight your text to be copied, open
                                pScriptButtons with pToolSet, tap the "copy" button, and the script
                                runs.

                                ~ John
                              • Voytek Eymont
                                Message 15 of 16 , Dec 18, 2009
                                  John,

                                  thanks again, but this will have to wait till end of January, I left a week
                                  ago, and, won't have much opportunity whilst I'm travelling.

                                  Also, my TX has been behaving strangely since the trip, (perhaps keeping it
                                  24hrs squashed in an airline seat in a soft belt pouch wasn't the best
                                  idea....) something weired is happeneing, after a reboot, normally, pretty
                                  well immediately I get the pToolSet loading message flash across, now,
                                  after some reboots, it takes like minutes, with nothing happening, even the
                                  DONE button won't accept a click. But, then it works. So, I'll just put up
                                  with it, as it works mostly OK for things I need mostly.

                                  The 'Metro' app that I had for years with out any practical use has finally
                                  proven invaluable.

                                  and, yesterday I got a work related email/web snip, with the pScripts, it
                                  was a breeze to process!!

                                  Roaming GPRS on my Telstra SIM works good, cannot get GPRS on my Orange FR,
                                  one Orange shop told me Orange doesn't allow GPRS on prepaid accounts ?? Or
                                  perhaps Orange uses a different userid for prepaid SIM GPRS?

                                  Eventually found a caffe with wee-fee. All those stupid password browser
                                  screens are NOT friendly to Palms, and, small screens like this... GRRRR!
                                  And, Netfront doesn't seem to process them either, hence, need for Bloater,
                                  JUST to do OK.

                                  Snapper is great, kMeteo, Weather, CurrCalc

                                  thanks for al the help to you and others who helped

                                  Merry Christmas and Jous New Year to all who celebrate these events !

                                  Voytek Eymont
                                  ___
                                  Sent with SnapperMail
                                  www.snappermail.com

                                  Message 16 of 16 , Dec 18, 2009
                                    Quoting Voytek Eymont <voytek@...>:

                                    > John,
                                    >
                                    > thanks again, but this will have to wait till end of January, I left a week
                                    > ago, and, won't have much opportunity whilst I'm travelling.

                                    OK, have a safe trip.

                                    > Also, my TX has been behaving strangely since the trip, (perhaps keeping it
                                    > 24hrs squashed in an airline seat in a soft belt pouch wasn't the best
                                    > idea....) something weired is happeneing, after a reboot, normally, pretty
                                    > well immediately I get the pToolSet loading message flash across, now,
                                    > after some reboots, it takes like minutes, with nothing happening, even the
                                    > DONE button won't accept a click. But, then it works. So, I'll just put up
                                    > with it, as it works mostly OK for things I need mostly.

                                    Might be a NVFS problem, although I'd think a soft reset would clear
                                    that. Just to see, try pToolSet "flush S DBCache".

                                    > and, yesterday I got a work related email/web snip, with the pScripts, it
                                    > was a breeze to process!!

                                    Great! Good travelling, season's best,