pedit and pToolSet on Pre

  • jhnmarkley
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 21, 2009
      Hi guys - Has anyone tried running pedit or pToolSet on Pre with MotionApps Classic emulator? I suspect pedit would run fine, but pTS not. Any experience?

      ~ John
    • Doug Jacobs
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 21, 2009
        I haven't because I can't figure out how to sync the memos. So, I'm
        using the Pre memopad, which will sync with Outlook memos.

        Doug

        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 21, 2009
          Thanks, Doug.
          ~ John

          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 21, 2009
            Hi John:

            When you make the switch, would you please post your Prexperiences? For some
            weird reason the Pixi looks friendlier for me (I like the always ready
            keyboard).

            Both I and pToolSet are very satisfied with the Sprint Centro.

            /Paul
            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 21, 2009
              Hi Paul -

              I very much doubt that I will switch, and if I ever do it will
              probably be to an Android OS, if StyleTap does a Palm emulator for
              Android. Like you, I am happy with my current local setup (Treo
              755p/Verizon). However, I'm curious about other possibilities. It
              would be a very heavy lift indeed to get me away from pToolSet.

              ~ John

              Quoting Paul Nevai <nevai@...-state.edu>:

              > Hi John:
              >
              > When you make the switch, would you please post your Prexperiences? For some
              > weird reason the Pixi looks friendlier for me (I like the always ready
              > keyboard).
              >
              > Both I and pToolSet are very satisfied with the Sprint Centro.
              >
              > /Paul

              > Groups Links

            • Jon Hind
              Message 6 of 7 , Nov 30, 2009
                I made the switch some months ago to Android (G1). And the applications I
                miss most are ptools and pedit.

                Ok I also miss ereader and audible but that's not the apps but because they
                are propietory formats that haven't made it to the android yet.

                The android crys out for nevaisation. 4 nice buttons for ptools, not too hot
                editing in the text boxes. A mechanism for paul to make money - the market -
                full size keyboard a linux core for the geek in Paul and a geeky user base
                who would worship him like wot we do.

                Jon

                On 22 Nov 2009 00:00, "John Markley" <jmmjr@...> wrote:

                Hi Paul -

                I very much doubt that I will switch, and if I ever do it will
                probably be to an Android OS, if StyleTap does a Palm emulator for
                Android. Like you, I am happy with my current local setup (Treo
                755p/Verizon). However, I'm curious about other possibilities. It
                would be a very heavy lift indeed to get me away from pToolSet.

                ~ John

                Quoting Paul Nevai <nevai@...-state.edu>: > Hi John: > > When you make
                the switch, would yo...

                > Groups Links

              • John Messeder
                Message 7 of 7 , Nov 30, 2009
                  A defected from PalmOS to WinMob, and I hate it. Oh, it works, but not
                  like PalmOS worked - when it worked. One of my favorite POS facilities
                  was Paul's stuff. Scripting lots of functions. Oh, if only the Treo
                  could have withstood the stability problems of trying to do all I asked
                  of it.

                  Android would come to AT&T, and Paul would come with it, there would be
                  one more reason to spend money on a new device. I really miss the scripting.