ot: associating an image lookup in a note ?

  • Voytek Eymont
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 5, 2009
      is there a way to have like an image or two associated with an image tool,
      say, Resco, to be able to open an image from a note/address book ?

      either a link or DA...?

      something like MapDA, but, rather than doing a gmap lookup, open an
      existing image in a viewer ?

      say I get an address, I do a map lookup, I'd like to keep that map(s) for
      next time I need them (and I might not have connectivity at that point)

      so, I'd like to save the image in a note to appointment, or, address book
      note, then, if needed, click on the link to invoke image viewer with that
      image, or, select image file name and DA it ?

      (to save the need to invoke an image viewer then look for desired file)

      --
      Voytek
    • Voytek Eymont
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 5, 2009
        <quote who="Voytek Eymont">
        > is there a way to have like an image or two associated with an image
        > tool, say, Resco, to be able to open an image from a note/address book ?

        John,

        I've just found your earlier advice on this:
        I guess I need to check pslink

        ==============
        > (is that what pslink is for ?)

        Yes. PsLink will definitely take you from DateBk to RescoViewer. It
        may or may not take you to the specific image, you'll have to
        experiment. When installed, PsLink appears in the Palm Prefs screen at
        the bottom. In PsLink main screen, open the "More" button and choose
        one of the 5 "More Link" screens and select RescoViewer in the
        Application list. You may have to experiment with the Database, but
        usually "Default" will do it. I've changed the start and end default
        brackets to vertical bars, "|", for my own purposes and don't recall
        what the original default was, maybe "{" and "}". Whatever the start
        and end tag brackets in your PsLink are, you need to add a unique
        identifier for your RescoViewer link, such as perhaps "r", so your
        start tag would be { and the End tag would be }r. Then you would put
        {xxxx}r in you DateBk appt, where "xxxx" is the name of your image.
        When you double tap inside {xxxx}r it will jump to RescoViewer, and
        *maybe* to the image. As I just recently found out, *do not* check the
        box on the main PsLink screen that says "Action with single tap" unless
        you don't mind, if you try to edit a date text of the form mm/yy/dd by
        putting the cursor in it, instantly jumping to that date in DateBk --
        very annoying. Leave it unchecked and use a double tap to activate
        your PsLink link.

        --
        Voytek
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 5, 2009
          Quoting Voytek Eymont <voytek@...>:

          > <quote who="Voytek Eymont">
          >> is there a way to have like an image or two associated with an image
          >> tool, say, Resco, to be able to open an image from a note/address book ?
          >>

          > John,
          >
          > I've just found your earlier advice on this:
          > I guess I need to check pslink

          That's the only way I know. Perhaps someone else here has another way(s).

          ~ John
        • fjmancho
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 6, 2009
            >is there a way to have like an image or two associated with an image tool,

            I am a PsLink and WikiZ user. WikiZ for standar built-in databases (Memo, Contacts, Calendar
            and Todos) is faster than PsLink.

            Note that Note Pad might be useful for very simple drawings and PsLink can be configered for it.

            Going back to the previous appl:
            PsLink allows you to configure two of the palm hard buttons for backward
            and forward functionality but it is not very reliable.
            pToolSet "open prev app" special action might be a good *non specific*
            second option for this. Most of the programs will jump directly to the
            specific previous document in that app.

            I have one of the taps configured for this.

            pToolSet prefs----> Taps-->
            You might choose any of them.

            Regrads,

            Jose
          • Voytek Eymont
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 7, 2009
              <quote who="fjmancho">
              >> is there a way to have like an image or two associated with an image
              >> tool,
              >
              > I am a PsLink and WikiZ user. WikiZ for standar built-in databases (Memo,
              > Contacts, Calendar
              > and Todos) is faster than PsLink.

              John, Jose,

              thanks

              what the correct file path syntax if i have image.gif in the root of the
              sd media ?

              ??? /image.gif

              --
              Voytek