Re: [peditors] getting rid of multiple consecutive blanks ?

    Message 1 of 68 , Oct 25, 2009
      Quoting Voytek Eymont <voytek@...>:

      > John, Paul and Jose,
      >
      > many thanks for all the tips..

      > meanwhile, a really dumb question.....:
      >
      > I'm still trying to *run* your 1st script, to identify the culprits...
      > how do I run the script, I've managed to paste it to SctiptPad #1, but,
      > that as far as I progressed...
      >
      > I've been trying to save the second script to ScriptPad #2 without any
      > luck, in between looking at the manual...

      Voytek - I was just about to post to you when yours arrived. So -

      1) Not dumb. You just have not used pScripts much. Your questions
      are answered in the long post which I will send in a minute, but the
      short answer is, there is only one pScriptPad, you put all your
      pScripts in pad #1. There is no pad #2, etc.

      2) Do not bother with any of the pScripts I have already sent you,
      just remove them from the pad as they are now either obsolete or faulty.

      3) Read the next post I am about to send you and follow that.

      ~John
      Message 68 of 68 , Nov 10, 2009
        Quoting John Markley <jmmjr@...>:

        > Very good. With regard to the "{MemoToNote:" pScript, which evidently
        > is working ok, it ends with your new DateBk memo open, rather than
        > closing the note and showing the entry in Day View by tapping the
        > "Done" button. I did this because there was an exceedingly gnarly
        > problem getting the pScript to do that final "Done" button activation.
        > I have now solved that with a rather cool little trick. If you
        > would prefer to have the pScript end with the DayView entry rather
        > than the open note, replace your pScript with this one-

        OK, now I've taken it further. One of the disadvantages of the
        MemoToNote pScript is that it attaches the note to an untimed blank
        event on todays date and you then need to manually put in the event
        item text (if any) and assign the date and time. The other pScript,
        "pDateMemoNote" would leave you in the pDateTool dialog to select the
        time and date (if you could get pDateTool working - any luck?). Now,
        the new MemoToNote, below, will transfer the memo text to an untimed
        blank event on today's date, as before, but it will end by opening the
        DateBk "Details" dialog, so you can assign time, date, and put in any
        event item text you want.

        {MemoToNote::
        /xc Z
        /xc C