Re: pToolset & Treos.

  • bluefish1960
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 10, 2009
      Hi John,
      Sorry, you may have misunderstood my meaning.
      I can navigate the PMT list in the way you say on my 650. It is within the modules like pEditTool and pTextTool that my problems lay.

      Edit some text in a memo for example and use pEditTool (I use autopedit) to manipulate the text. If you want to select any text then using the keyboard I press my Esc key and then S.
      The first options presented are all numbers.
      It is these that I cannot select by pressing option then the number.
      But...if I press and hold option then the number key, well it works just fine, except that it needs two hands.

      Thanks
      Andy

      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 10, 2009
        Quoting bluefish1960 <andymmail@...>:

        > Hi John,
        > Sorry, you may have misunderstood my meaning.
        > I can navigate the PMT list in the way you say on my 650. It is
        > within the modules like pEditTool and pTextTool that my problems lay.
        >
        > Edit some text in a memo for example and use pEditTool (I use
        > autopedit) to manipulate the text. If you want to select any text
        > then using the keyboard I press my Esc key and then S.
        > The first options presented are all numbers.
        > It is these that I cannot select by pressing option then the number.
        > But...if I press and hold option then the number key, well it works
        > just fine, except that it needs two hands.
        >
        > Thanks
        > Andy

        Hi Andy -

        Yes, I thought you meant selecting within the PMT list. But,
        again with 755P and pToolSet v.8.14, it still works as you wish for
        me. Press and release option, press and release numeral, one hand,
        correct result. I tested this in pEditTool in DateBk6 and in a
        standard note field, using the ESC S selector. Try pToolSet 8.14. You
        may need to contact Paul (of course, at this very moment that has
        likely happened as if by magic) if you don't have it.

        John
      • Dwight C. Carr
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 10, 2009
          Greetings,

          Is it possible to search the palm for text within words, e.g. searching for "wigh" will find "dwight"?

          Thanks,
          Dwight...

          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 10, 2009
            Not the whole Palm, globally. It will do so within the paricular application you have open at the time of search (to the best of my knowledge).

            ~ John

            >Is it possible to search the palm for text within words, e.g. searching for "wigh" will find "dwight"?

            >Thanks,
            >Dwight...

            *****
            755p/Snapper/pEditTool
          • Andy
            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 11, 2009
              Hi John,
              A quick search of my archives on the hard drive revealed V8.14.!
              I now have it installed and am finding exactly the same lack of co-operation.
              Perhaps the Treo 650 is just not able to do what your Treo can.

              Boy I wish I could upgrade my device...a nice GSM centro would do nicely.
              Now, where has all my cash disappeared to? LOL. (Poor old Andy :-()

              Thanks again John, and my good wishes to the guy who wrote pToolSet. I wonder what Paul is up to thse days.

              Regards
              Andy
              Message 6 of 8 , Oct 12, 2009
                Hi Andy:

                > Thanks again John, and my good wishes to the guy who wrote pToolSet. I
                wonder what Paul is up to these days.

                You are so nice. I exist. My Treo 755p is basically retired. My GSM Centro
                is used only when I am outside the US with various SIM cards. I am now a
                Sprint Centro guy. Both pToolSet and pedit work perfectly on them except
                that the screen is tinier than tiny. However, the cellphone part works
                absolutely perfectly; never had such a great cell experience before (I always
                used Sprint); it's almost as good as a landline. I am using a hi-cap Seidio
                battery.

                BTW. I assigned the calendar key to pEditTool, and a long press of the same
                brings up pMasterTool.