pToolset & Treos.

  • bluefish1960
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 9, 2009
      Hi gang,
      I seem to be having problems selecting menu items that have numbers.
      I am using pToolSet 8.13 Dec 04 2007.
      I can select anything by holding option> and the required number, but one handed...it does not recognise option> release option then press number.

      EG: edit text, call pEditTool and esc J. The labels at the beginning all start with numbers, and will not trigger unless I hold option while pressing the desired number.

      What I really want is to do it one handed.

      Any chance, or is that just a pipe dream in these 'pre' days. (smiley).

      Regards
      Andy
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 9, 2009
        Quoting bluefish1960 <andymmail@...>:

        > Hi gang,
        > I seem to be having problems selecting menu items that have numbers.
        > I am using pToolSet 8.13 Dec 04 2007.
        > I can select anything by holding option> and the required number,
        > but one handed...it does not recognise option> release option then
        > press number.
        >

        > EG: edit text, call pEditTool and esc J. The labels at the beginning
        > all start with numbers, and will not trigger unless I hold option
        > while pressing the desired number.
        >
        > What I really want is to do it one handed.
        >
        > Any chance, or is that just a pipe dream in these 'pre' days. (smiley).
        >
        > Regards
        > Andy

        Hi Andy --

        Using Treo 755P and pToolSet 8.14, the sequence (1)open
        pMasterTool aka "the menu", (2) press and release the option button,
        (3) press the key that has the desired numeral, does result in the
        corresponding numbered item activating, not the item with the
        corresponding letter. That is, it is doing what you want for me. I
        don't think this is a change from 8.13 to 8.14, but you should get
        8.14 anyway. I assume you have "Low-Case ListNav Fix on|off" turned on
        in the PMT Opt menu, although that probably does not relate to this
        anyway (??). Also might be device specific -- which Treo do you use?

        John
      • bluefish1960
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 10, 2009
          Hi John,
          Sorry, you may have misunderstood my meaning.
          I can navigate the PMT list in the way you say on my 650. It is within the modules like pEditTool and pTextTool that my problems lay.

          Edit some text in a memo for example and use pEditTool (I use autopedit) to manipulate the text. If you want to select any text then using the keyboard I press my Esc key and then S.
          The first options presented are all numbers.
          It is these that I cannot select by pressing option then the number.
          But...if I press and hold option then the number key, well it works just fine, except that it needs two hands.

          Thanks
          Andy

          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 10, 2009
            Quoting bluefish1960 <andymmail@...>:

            > Hi John,
            > Sorry, you may have misunderstood my meaning.
            > I can navigate the PMT list in the way you say on my 650. It is
            > within the modules like pEditTool and pTextTool that my problems lay.
            >
            > Edit some text in a memo for example and use pEditTool (I use
            > autopedit) to manipulate the text. If you want to select any text
            > then using the keyboard I press my Esc key and then S.
            > The first options presented are all numbers.
            > It is these that I cannot select by pressing option then the number.
            > But...if I press and hold option then the number key, well it works
            > just fine, except that it needs two hands.
            >
            > Thanks
            > Andy

            Hi Andy -

            Yes, I thought you meant selecting within the PMT list. But,
            again with 755P and pToolSet v.8.14, it still works as you wish for
            me. Press and release option, press and release numeral, one hand,
            correct result. I tested this in pEditTool in DateBk6 and in a
            standard note field, using the ESC S selector. Try pToolSet 8.14. You
            may need to contact Paul (of course, at this very moment that has
            likely happened as if by magic) if you don't have it.

            John
          • Dwight C. Carr
            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 10, 2009
              Greetings,

              Is it possible to search the palm for text within words, e.g. searching for "wigh" will find "dwight"?

              Thanks,
              Dwight...

              Message 6 of 8 , Oct 10, 2009
                Not the whole Palm, globally. It will do so within the paricular application you have open at the time of search (to the best of my knowledge).

                ~ John

                >Is it possible to search the palm for text within words, e.g. searching for "wigh" will find "dwight"?

                >Thanks,
                >Dwight...

                *****
                755p/Snapper/pEditTool
              • Andy
                Message 7 of 8 , Oct 11, 2009
                  Hi John,
                  A quick search of my archives on the hard drive revealed V8.14.!
                  I now have it installed and am finding exactly the same lack of co-operation.
                  Perhaps the Treo 650 is just not able to do what your Treo can.

                  Boy I wish I could upgrade my device...a nice GSM centro would do nicely.
                  Now, where has all my cash disappeared to? LOL. (Poor old Andy :-()

                  Thanks again John, and my good wishes to the guy who wrote pToolSet. I wonder what Paul is up to thse days.

                  Regards
                  Andy
                  Message 8 of 8 , Oct 12, 2009
                    Hi Andy:

                    > Thanks again John, and my good wishes to the guy who wrote pToolSet. I
                    wonder what Paul is up to these days.

                    You are so nice. I exist. My Treo 755p is basically retired. My GSM Centro
                    is used only when I am outside the US with various SIM cards. I am now a
                    Sprint Centro guy. Both pToolSet and pedit work perfectly on them except
                    that the screen is tinier than tiny. However, the cellphone part works
                    absolutely perfectly; never had such a great cell experience before (I always
                    used Sprint); it's almost as good as a landline. I am using a hi-cap Seidio
                    battery.

                    BTW. I assigned the calendar key to pEditTool, and a long press of the same
                    brings up pMasterTool.