peditPro & pToolSet work fine on Centro?

  • Bill Starr
    Message 1 of 5 , May 6, 2009
      I am seriously considering upgrading from my current Sony Clie SJ22 (Palm OS v4.1) to a Centro smartphone/PDA from Verizon.

      With a two-year contract, it would be $50 it appears.

      I am doing it more for the PDA capability, as I am probably not going to spring for the $30 per month web browsing plan, at least initially.

      I took a first look at it today at the Verizon store and noticed that the 320x320 screen on my Clie is 50% wider/taller than the Centro, but the Centro brightness is better.

      Is anyone using peditPro and / or pToolSet on a Centro?

      I have a lot of custom apps on the Clie I would hate to leave behind and those are two of them.

      Thanks,
      Bill Starr
      http://twitter.com/bill_starr
      Wed, 6 May 2009, 2:58 pm EDT
      Message 2 of 5 , May 6, 2009
        On Wed, 06 May 2009 18:58:12 -0000 "Bill Starr"
        <bill.starr.yahoo@...> wrote:
        >I am seriously considering upgrading from my current Sony Clie SJ22 (Palm
        OS v4.1) to a Centro smartphone/PDA from Verizon.

        >With a two-year contract, it would be $50 it appears.
        >
        >I am doing it more for the PDA capability, as I am probably not going to
        spring for the $30 per month web browsing plan, at least initially.

        >I took a first look at it today at the Verizon store and noticed that the
        320x320 screen on my Clie is 50% wider/taller than the Centro, but the
        Centro brightness is better.

        >Is anyone using peditPro and / or pToolSet on a Centro?
        >
        >I have a lot of custom apps on the Clie I would hate to leave behind and
        those are two of them.

        >Thanks,
        >Bill Starr
        >http://twitter.com/bill_starr
        >Wed, 6 May 2009, 2:58 pm EDT

        Hi Bill -
        I think we have several peditors using pedit and pToolSet on Centro who
        will no doubt respond. Paul has a Centro I think, but I'm not sure if he
        runs pedit/pTool on it. I use a Treo755p which runs almost the same OS as
        Centro and both peditPro and pToolSet run just fine on it. In fact, most
        of the recent improvments Paul has made are mainly for Treo/Centro.

        ~ John
        *****
        755p/Snapper/pEditTool
      • Jochen Konietzko
        Message 3 of 5 , May 6, 2009
          I use peditPro a lot on my GSM centro - no problem whatsoever.

          In contrast, I've done very little with pToolSet; that little did work o.k.

          Regards,

          Jochen
          ___
          Sent with SnapperMail
          www.snappermail.com

          Message 4 of 5 , May 6, 2009
            Addendum: you write about "several" important programs (IIRC).
            In that case, try to find a way to test them on a Centro.
            When I had to migrate from my T3, I failed utterly to get more than about
            two thirds of my programs to work reliably on my Centro.

            Regards,

            Jochen
            ___
            Sent with SnapperMail
            www.snappermail.com

            On Wed, 06 May 2009 21:13:49 +0200 Jochen Konietzko
            <JochenKonietzko@...> wrote:
            >I use peditPro a lot on my GSM centro - no problem whatsoever.
            >
            >In contrast, I've done very little with pToolSet; that little did work o.k.
            >
            >Regards,
            >
            > Jochen
            >___
            >Sent with SnapperMail
            >www.snappermail.com

            Groups Links

          • nevai@math.ohio-state.edu
            Message 5 of 5 , May 7, 2009
              Hi Bill:

              On Wed, May 06, 2009 at 06:58:12PM -0000, Bill Starr wrote:
              > Is anyone using peditPro and / or pToolSet on a Centro?

              Both work perfectly on my Centro.

              However, the Centro keyboard is less than adequate and so is the touch
              screen. They are both way too small.

              BTW, if you lost your registration info, contact me privately.

              Good luck, Paul