"pasting" only values in Sheet To Go

  • fjmancho
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 12, 2009
      Hi peditors,

      I would like to share a new pScript that might be useful when working with
      Sheet To Go.

      The pScript below clears formulas leaving the value instead (at least in
      Documents To Go v. 6.002 and T3).

      I wrote this pScript because it has been difficult to me getting the
      ordinary special paste ("only values") available in
      Excel (Sometimes formulas are annoying, at least complicated to handle).

      It might be only a specific problem in Documents To Go v. 6.002, I don't
      know. In any case, this pScript solves it.

      {clear1::
      /&menu@ [1122]/p13
      /&script$ [@@clear2@@]}
      {clear2::/KC /K2cA /p9/p28
      /&script$ [@@clear3@@]}
      {clear3::
      /&menu@ [1124]
      /&varPrint@ [$A]/p10}

      I would apreciate any feedback

      Jose
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 12, 2009
        Quoting fjmancho <fjmancho@...>:

        > Hi peditors,
        >
        > I would like to share a new pScript that might be useful when working with
        > Sheet To Go.
        >
        > The pScript below clears formulas leaving the value instead (at least in
        > Documents To Go v. 6.002 and T3).
        >
        > I wrote this pScript because it has been difficult to me getting the
        > ordinary special paste ("only values") available in
        > Excel (Sometimes formulas are annoying, at least complicated to handle).
        >
        > It might be only a specific problem in Documents To Go v. 6.002, I don't
        > know. In any case, this pScript solves it.
        >
        > {clear1::
        > /&menu@ [1122]/p13
        > /&script$ [@@clear2@@]}
        > {clear2::/KC /K2cA /p9/p28
        > /&script$ [@@clear3@@]}
        > {clear3::
        > /&menu@ [1124]
        > /&varPrint@ [$A]/p10}
        >

        > I would apreciate any feedback
        >
        > Jose

        Hi Jose -

        I'd test it, but I can't. I have DocsToGo v9 on my T3, and v10 on
        Treo, and the menu pfunctions 1122 and 1124 do nothing, probably due
        to changes somewhere after v6 of DTG. What are those two menu items?

        ~ John
      • fjmancho
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 12, 2009
          >menu pfunctions 1122 and 1124 do nothing, probably due
          >to changes somewhere after v6 of DTG. What are those two menu items?

          menu 1122=copy
          menu 1124=clear
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 13, 2009
            > Quoting fjmancho <fjmancho@...>:
            >>
            >> I would apreciate any feedback
            >>
            >> Jose

            > Hi Jose -
            >
            > I'd test it, but I can't. I have DocsToGo v9 on my T3, and v10 on
            > Treo, and the menu pfunctions 1122 and 1124 do nothing, probably due
            > to changes somewhere after v6 of DTG. What are those two menu items?
            >
            > ~ John

            >>> menu 1122=copy
            >>> menu 1124=clear

            >>> Jose

            OK - feedback-

            1) the equivalent menu tags in DTG v9 and v10 are -

            9979 = copy
            9977 = clear

            2) I'm glad it works for you in version 6.002, because it is a
            complete no-go in v9 and v10. Or, maybe it's a device problem,
            because you are with a T3 which is non-NVFS, and I'm using a TX
            (error in my response yesterday when I said T3, not so) and a Treo,
            both of which are NVFS. For whatever reason, the pScriptorial text
            capturing and printing (KC/K2cA, etc) in a DTG spreadsheet goes
            coocoo. Sometimes the capture captures a line in the pScript itself
            (yup, no kidding, rechecked many times) and prints that into the
            spreadsheet cell, and sometimes it just hangs with no result,
            requiring a pin reset. I've checked and rechecked the pScript many
            times, modified it several ways, run through token by token, etc.,
            etc., no go. Fortunately I don't need this function myself.
            Something about the way the more recent versions of DocsToGo does not
            play well with pScript text capture. I checked a version of the
            pScript modified to run in a memo instead of a DTG v9 or v10 sheet,
            and it runs fine. It's the DTG/pScript text capture interface that's
            the problem somehow.

            ~ John
          • fjmancho
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 14, 2009
              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 14, 2009
                Quoting fjmancho <fjmancho@...>:

                <<Giant SNIP. Interested lurkers refer to the original.>>

                > That information is *not* in the clipboard and so
                > "/KC /K2cA" doesn't work.
                > That is: there is nothing to take to text capturing (/KC) and therefore
                > nothing to take into $A (/K2cA)
                >
                > That is why in the pScript you can see the following process:
                >
                > Copying from the cell
                > /&menu@ [xxxx]
                >
                > Moving into that cell text field
                > /p13
                > NOTE THAT this step might be different for different app versions.
                > (You might other possibilities
                > /p10 or others). My guess is that the problem of the pScript behavior in
                > newer versions is here.

                Yes, that's what I thought too, so part of the experimenting I did
                before responding was to try variations here. So far no results.

                <<Another SNIP>>

                > It works in my old T3. If you want to risk (which is not needed) and play
                > with it let me now.
                >

                > Jose

                I may do a little more, not sure. If I get a result I'll post back.