Re: [peditors] off topic - computer dummies and computers

    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 30, 2008
      Hi Guys:

      Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately, only JohnM's advice would work (hire a
      local student). I don't think you understood what computer dummy really means
      although I bet that many older computer users are like that. E.g., VNC will
      neither reboot a crashed computer nor will it plug in the backup hard disk.
      It could help in other circumstances thought such as when a window disappears
      (was shrunken but the user thinks it went to lalaland).

      I even know at least one member of the US National Academy of Sciences who is
      unable to respond privately to an e-mail (and hits the "respond to all" even
      when the message is supposed to be private).

      All=my=best, Paul