Open address screen in DateBk6 with pScript.

  • bluefish1960
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 4, 2008
      Hello.

      I have got these two scripts set up to open and close the address book
      easily.
      Can anyone tell me if there is a more elegant way of doing this, or if
      I can combine the two together for a single tap to either open the
      address book or close it if it is already open.

      {closeaddress::/&specAct[32]/&specAct[32]c /5s}
      {addressbook::/&specAct[32]/&specAct[32]a /5s}

      Thanks
      Andy
    • Franciso José Mancho
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 4, 2008
        Interesting pScripts. The second one does not work in my T3.

        These are a bit shorter:
        {addressbook::/&specAct[239]}
        {closeaddress::/&launch[@@Launcher@@]}
        ** I don't know any specAct for launching Launcher. John M. might know.

        --
        F. Jose Mancho
        Nairobi. Kenya
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 4, 2008
          >These are a bit shorter:
          {addressbook::/&specAct[239]}
          {closeaddress::/&launch[@@Launcher@@]}

          I apologize. I didn't get the point: you are pScripting for DateBk. In this
          case these pScript are useless.

          Jose
        • bluefish1960
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 4, 2008
            --- In peditors@yahoogroups.com, fjmancho <fjmancho@...> wrote:

            > I apologize. I didn't get the point: you are pScripting for DateBk.
            In this
            > case these pScript are useless.
            >
            > Jose

            Sorry, that clarification should have been in the body of text as well
            as the title :-)

            Yes, DateBk6 is the app that these scripts are for.

            Andy
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 4, 2008
              Quoting bluefish1960 <andymmail@...>:

              > I have got these two scripts set up to open and close the address book
              > easily.
              > Can anyone tell me if there is a more elegant way of doing this, or if
              > I can combine the two together for a single tap to either open the
              > address book or close it if it is already open.
              >
              > {closeaddress::/&specAct[32]/&specAct[32]c /5s}
              > {addressbook::/&specAct[32]/&specAct[32]a /5s}

              Hi Andy -

              No more elegant way, I think. There are other ways, but yours are the
              most efficient as far as I can tell.

              So far, I can not see any way to combine them. The usual way to do
              this would be to find some differentiating feature between the two
              screens/forms, Day view vs. splitscreen address book, and use that in
              conjunction with
              /&ifScript@[ ,@@@@].
              Common descriminators are form number, app number, cursor active or
              not, text selected or not. Unfortunately, the Day view screen without
              and with the address book split (regular split or full screen split)
              have the same form number (1000) somewhat to my surprise. If you set
              the DateBk preference to put the focus on the address book when it
              opens, there is a highlighted selection, but it's not a text field so
              that ($&) doesn't work either. So far I can't think of a way......

              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 4, 2008
                Quoting John Markley <jmmjr@...>:

                > Quoting bluefish1960 <andymmail@...>:
                >
                >> I have got these two scripts set up to open and close the address book
                >> easily.
                >> Can anyone tell me if there is a more elegant way of doing this, or if
                >> I can combine the two together for a single tap to either open the
                >> address book or close it if it is already open.

                > So far, I can not see any way to combine them.

                Ha! Got it. This assumes that in the DateBk Prefs/split screen, you
                have checked on to focus on the split screen when it is opened. The
                trick is that using "Page Down" "/0x0C" produces or maintains an
                active cursor when just Day view is open, but no cursor is available
                when address book is open. So,

                {opencloseaddress::
                /0x0C
                /&script$[@@OCA1@@]}