Re: [peditors] would a script do this?

    Message 1 of 36 , Oct 1, 2008
      Quoting Lisa Hetherington <gerry.lisa@...>:

      > I work very infrequently.
      > When I go into DateBk and enter the template for a work appointment, I would
      > LOVE to then have a pscript automatically enter another specific DateBk
      > template.
      >
      > How would I do this?

      "would a script do this?"
      Well, maybe. Manipulating DateBk templates by pScript can be rather
      difficult, depending on exactly what you want to do, due to some
      difficulties in navigating the template "list" which is actually a
      rather complicated form. Tell us exactly, step-by-step, in detail,
      what you want to do, such as -

      Open DateBk6 Day view, select a date and time (or not), enter a
      template whose exact entryname is ___, then enter another template
      named ___'

      etc.

      ~ John
    • Lisa Hetherington
      Message 36 of 36 , Oct 9, 2008
        On Thu, Oct 9, 2008 at 6:03 PM, John Markley <jmmjr@...> wrote:

        > Quoting Lisa Hetherington <gerry.lisa@...>:
        >
        > > On Wed, Oct 1, 2008 at 11:52 AM, John Markley <jmmjr@...> wrote:
        > >
        > >> Quoting Lisa Hetherington <gerry.lisa@...>:
        > >>
        > >> OK. It's no problem having a pScript enter two (or more) DateBk
        > >> templates. The trick is getting them to be the templates you want,
        > >> due to the mysteries of the template entry form. So, start with just
        > >> getting your first template to enter ok.
        > >
        > > snip
        > >
        > >> If it works, great. If some other template than the desired one gets
        > >> entered, then change the template to start with a period, ".", so it
        > >> is ".Working", and in the pScript replace the "W" in the next to last
        > >> line with a period, so it reads " /xc Q .", and try it again. (This
        > >> assumes you have no other templates that start with a period).
        > >> Let me know.....
        > >>
        > >> ~ John
        > >>

        > > Hey John.
        > >
        > > I went back to this email because I have a few templates I want to use a
        > > pScript to enter but they all begin with the same letter. Your
        > workaround
        > > above using the period......is there anything special about the period or
        > is
        > > is just some random character to change the name...could it be a comma,
        > or a
        > > semi-colon or anything?
        > >
        > > Thanks!!
        > >
        > > ...Lisa
        >
        > Any character you want to use should work as long as it is the only
        > one in the template list.
        > ~ John

        Perfect!

        ...Lisa