Re: [peditors] Scripting text selection

  • fjmancho
    Message 1 of 22 , Jun 23, 2008
      ...... Original Message .......
      On Mon, 23 Jun 2008 09:09:45 -0400 dmccunney <dennis.mccunney@...>
      wrote:

      >the highlighting problem John was trying to solve for you [...]

      I have just tested John's pScript. Works fine in my T3 (nevertheless the
      255 char limit is still there).

      I have adapeted John's version to my taste (Nothing new). In order to
      complete the information I post the two pScripts needed in this
      highlighting operation. First marks the begining of the block second the
      end and actually highlights the text (up to 255 characters now).

      {COPYS::
      /&ifAbort@[$^==0]
      /!/$c/&varSet@[$4,$$]
      /&mess [@@MARKED@@,,040]}

      {HIGHLIGHT::/GZ
      /&ifAbort@[$^==0]
      /!/$c
      /&varSet@[$5,$$]
      /&varAdd@[$5,-$4]
      /&varSubStr@[$B,$^,$4,$5]
      /&script$[@@highlight0@@]}
      {highlight0::
      /&specAct[8]
      /&script$[@@highlight1@@]}
      {highlight1::
      /K4cB /!/KP
      /&script$[@@highlight2@@]}
      {highlight2::
      /xEpst f
      /xEpst d
      /xz}

      Thanks, Dennis and John, for your help.

      Jose
    • fjmancho
      Message 2 of 22 , Jul 21, 2008
        >>An argument for set start marker/set end marker.
        >

        >I see your point and the advantages of marking (*overall* that you can
        forget about *length limits*). I think that litte by little, I will move
        to that solution.

        Following Dennis' suggestions, I have been trying some pScripts on this
        issue of marking (mainly big text blocks). I came up wiht some pScripts
        which I am posting in a new thread.

        DOUBLE PUNCTUATION MARKS AND OTHERS

        Jose