PeditPro turns off

  • Doug Bardell
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 7, 2008
      Hi John:

      I have recently upgraded from PeditLight to PeditPro. After a normal installation of the program I have noticed that the program
      has to be initiated each time the the Palm E2 is turned on. I have my memo's attached to the "6/" button. While I'm working on a
      memo the program works excellent. If for instance I press the "6/" button again without turning the unit off it reverts to the
      original palm memo form.

      I have tried a cold reset, removing all *.prc and installing only PeditPro but the problem persists. For the time being I have a
      work around by using the "6/" button to call directly to PeditPro which opens the memos correctly.

      I have searched your forum but have not found a similar problem.

      Regards,

      Doug

      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 7, 2008
        Quoting Doug Bardell <dbardell@...>:

        > Hi John:
        >
        > I have recently upgraded from PeditLight to PeditPro. After a normal
        > installation of the program I have noticed that the program
        > has to be initiated each time the the Palm E2 is turned on. I have
        > my memo's attached to the "6/" button. While I'm working on a
        > memo the program works excellent. If for instance I press the "6/"
        > button again without turning the unit off it reverts to the
        > original palm memo form.
        >
        > I have tried a cold reset, removing all *.prc and installing only
        > PeditPro but the problem persists. For the time being I have a
        > work around by using the "6/" button to call directly to PeditPro
        > which opens the memos correctly.
        >
        > I have searched your forum but have not found a similar problem.
        >
        > Regards,
        >

        > Doug

        Hi Doug -

        I'm not sure until you give a little feedback, but if I'm reading
        your post correctly, what you describe is normal. I don't know what
        you mean by the "6/" button, but am assuming, since you had the Memos
        app "attached" to it, and now you use it for peditPro, it is one of
        the four hard buttons for applications, yes? (I've never used an E2,
        and see nothing called "6/" in the online brochure). The built-in
        Memos is a stand-alone Palm app which uses the memos database, and
        peditPro is a stand-alone third-party app which uses the memos
        database. It sounds like you are expecting that when you press a hard
        button that you have set to run the Palm Memos app that it will
        automatically open peditPro instead. Doesn't work that way. To get
        peditPro open you have to launch peditPro, and if you want it to
        launch when you turn on your E2 you have to have peditPro mapped to
        one of the four hard buttons, just like any other app. That's not a
        workaround, that's the normal process. If you want both Memos and
        peditPro available via hard button (can't imagine why), you either
        must use two different buttons, or use pToolSet to have multiple app
        launch-ability from one button.
        Have I understood your situation correctly? If not, please elaborate.

        regards, ~ John