mini Opera

  • David Ellis
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 27, 2008
      Is anyone in this group using the mini Opera browser? I started trying it
      and was unable to type a period in the url editor until I disabled pToolSet.
      I was also unable to bring up pMasterTool with my esc char.

      Dave Ellis

    • Jon Hind
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 27, 2008
        That was also my experience. I seem to remember it also happened with the
        other java application I tried out.

        Jon.

        On 27/02/2008, David Ellis <ddellis914@...> wrote:

        > Is anyone in this group using the mini Opera browser? I started trying
        > it
        > and was unable to type a period in the url editor until I disabled
        > pToolSet.
        > I was also unable to bring up pMasterTool with my esc char.
        >
        > Dave Ellis

        Jon

        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 28, 2008
          On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 07:43:15AM +0000, Jon Hind wrote:

          > That was also my experience. I seem to remember it also happened with the
          > other java application I tried out.
          >
          > On 27/02/2008, David Ellis <ddellis914@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > Is anyone in this group using the mini Opera browser? I started trying
          > > it
          > > and was unable to type a period in the url editor until I disabled
          > > pToolSet.
          > > I was also unable to bring up pMasterTool with my esc char.

          What's your escape char? Period?

          Interesting but I don't think I can do anything about this. Too many
          mysteries.

          Sorry, Paul
        • Jon Hind
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 28, 2008
            It was '.' - period. I abandoned it as it seemed to screw other stuff up and
            was rather un palm like. I'm flighty me :)

            --
            Jon

            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 28, 2008
              My esc char is '\'.

              Dave

              On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 5:44 AM, Paul Nevai <nevai@...-state.edu>
              wrote:

              > On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 07:43:15AM +0000, Jon Hind wrote:
              > >
              > > That was also my experience. I seem to remember it also happened with
              > the
              > > other java application I tried out.
              > >
              > > On 27/02/2008, David Ellis <ddellis914@...<ddellis914%40gmail.com>>
              > wrote:
              > > >
              > > > Is anyone in this group using the mini Opera browser? I started trying
              > > > it
              > > > and was unable to type a period in the url editor until I disabled
              > > > pToolSet.
              > > > I was also unable to bring up pMasterTool with my esc char.
              >
              > What's your escape char? Period?
              >
              > Interesting but I don't think I can do anything about this. Too many
              > mysteries.
              >
              > Sorry, Paul

            • bluefish1960
              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 28, 2008
                --- In peditors@yahoogroups.com, "David Ellis" <ddellis914@...> wrote:

                Hi,
                I use Mini Opera 4 for almost all my browsing, and on my Treo 650,
                when the URL form is on screen, I press 'alt' and the Palm soft
                keyboard appears and then all the characters can be typed including
                'period'.
                Until I have the soft keyboard on screen, the 'period' cannot be typed.

                Andy