Re: [peditors] Re: Adjusting screen contrast with a pscript ?

  • Xavier Maillard
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 1 3:50 AM
      Hi,

      On Fri, 01 Feb 2008 00:12:01 +0100, John Markley <jmmjr@...> wrote:

      > --- In peditors@yahoogroups.com, John Markley <jmmjr@...> wrote:
      >> > I am trying to find out how to adjust the screen contrast using a
      >> pscript.
      >> > Does anyone know ?
      >> >
      >> {Brightness::/xX}
      >>

      > If you are using a recent device with OS5.x with a 5-way control,
      >
      > {Brightness::
      > /xX
      > /5u}
      >
      > will probably put the focus on the slider so you can just press the
      > right/left 5-way to
      > raise/lower the intensity.

      Thank you for that but is there any way to set a default value, say I want
      a contrast to be at 20%. What I want is launch a pscript which would set
      the value of the slider to 20%. Is this doable ?

      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 1 4:30 AM
        > Thank you for that but is there any way to set a default value, say I want
        > a contrast to be at 20%. What I want is launch a pscript which would set
        > the value of the slider to 20%. Is this doable ?

        I don't think so but I am also sure that JohnM will find a good approximation
        for it using some 5-way or /&tap[] stuff. Does the latter work on the Treos?

        All=my=best, Paul
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 1 9:04 AM
          Quoting Paul Nevai <nevai@...-state.edu>:

          >> Thank you for that but is there any way to set a default value, say I want
          >> a contrast to be at 20%. What I want is launch a pscript which would set
          >> the value of the slider to 20%. Is this doable ?
          >
          > I don't think so but I am also sure that JohnM will find a good approximation
          > for it using some 5-way or /&tap[] stuff. Does the latter work on the Treos?

          Yup. "/&tap[]" does work on the Treo, and turns out to be the most
          practical way I can find to do this. 5-way will work but is clumsy,
          /&tapDown and /&penDown have problems. The following will likely work
          on any OS5 device, although there certainly are variabilities in the
          handling of /&tap between different flavors of the OS. When activated
          this pScript should open the Brightness (contrast) dialog, move the
          slider to 20% (+or- 1%), and close the dialog again. It depends on the
          x,y coordinates being correct for the 20% spot on the slider. It is
          correct for the Treo 755p. If not correct for other device just use
          pInfoTool/menu/misc/screen coordinates to find the correct x,y.

          {Contrast 20::
          /&varSet@[$1,1]
          /xX
          /5u
          /&script$[@@Con2@@]}
          {Con2::
          /&varAdd@[$1,1]
          /&tap[040,130]
          /&script$[@@Con3@@]}
          {Con3::
          /&ifScript@[$1<15,@@Con2@@]
          /&ifScript@[$1==15,@@Con4@@]}
          {Con4::
          /&control[@@Done@@]}

          Please let me know if this works for you.

          ~ John
        • fjmancho
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 1 9:22 PM
            Hi John

            Interesting pScript.
            I don't have Treo a have T3 and it works for me.

            Jose

            >>> Thank you for that but is there any way to set a default value, say I
            want
            >>> a contrast to be at 20%. What I want is launch a pscript which would set
            >>> the value of the slider to 20%. Is this doable ?
            >>
            >> I don't think so but I am also sure that JohnM will find a good
            approximation
            >> for it using some 5-way or /&tap[] stuff. Does the latter work on the
            Treos?

            >Yup. "/&tap[]" does work on the Treo, and turns out to be the most
            >practical way I can find to do this. 5-way will work but is clumsy,
            >/&tapDown and /&penDown have problems. The following will likely work
            >on any OS5 device, although there certainly are variabilities in the
            >handling of /&tap between different flavors of the OS. When activated
            >this pScript should open the Brightness (contrast) dialog, move the
            >slider to 20% (+or- 1%), and close the dialog again. It depends on the
            >x,y coordinates being correct for the 20% spot on the slider. It is
            >correct for the Treo 755p. If not correct for other device just use
            >pInfoTool/menu/misc/screen coordinates to find the correct x,y.
            >

            >{Contrast 20::
            >/&varSet@[$1,1]
            >/xX
            >/5u
            >/&script$[@@Con2@@]}
            >{Con2::
            >/&varAdd@[$1,1]
            >/&tap[040,130]
            >/&script$[@@Con3@@]}
            >{Con3::
            >/&ifScript@[$1<15,@@Con2@@]
            >/&ifScript@[$1==15,@@Con4@@]}
            >{Con4::
            >/&control[@@Done@@]}
            >

            >Please let me know if this works for you.
            >
            > ~ John

            F. Jose Mancho
            mobil number +254726 939095
            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 2 5:44 AM
              Hi Jose-

              Quoting fjmancho <fjmancho@...>:
              > Hi John
              >
              > Interesting pScript.
              > I don't have Treo a have T3 and it works for me.
              >
              > Jose

              Great. That multiple-iteration move with /&ifScript@[] can be very
              useful. The same thing can be achieved with /&ifGoTo@[] , but in this
              case, because of the /&tap[], using /&ifScript@[] was less complicated.