Re: Adjusting screen contrast with a pscript ?

    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 31 3:12 PM
      --- In peditors@yahoogroups.com, John Markley <jmmjr@...> wrote:

      > Quoting Xavier Maillard <maillaxa@...>:
      >
      > > Hi,
      > >
      > > I am trying to find out how to adjust the screen contrast using a pscript.
      > > Does anyone know ?
      > >

      > {Brightness::/xX}

      If you are using a recent device with OS5.x with a 5-way control,

      {Brightness::
      /xX
      /5u}

      will probably put the focus on the slider so you can just press the right/left 5-way to
      raise/lower the intensity.

      ~ John
    • Xavier Maillard
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 1, 2008
        Hi,

        On Fri, 01 Feb 2008 00:12:01 +0100, John Markley <jmmjr@...> wrote:

        > --- In peditors@yahoogroups.com, John Markley <jmmjr@...> wrote:
        >> > I am trying to find out how to adjust the screen contrast using a
        >> pscript.
        >> > Does anyone know ?
        >> >
        >> {Brightness::/xX}
        >>

        > If you are using a recent device with OS5.x with a 5-way control,
        >
        > {Brightness::
        > /xX
        > /5u}
        >
        > will probably put the focus on the slider so you can just press the
        > right/left 5-way to
        > raise/lower the intensity.

        Thank you for that but is there any way to set a default value, say I want
        a contrast to be at 20%. What I want is launch a pscript which would set
        the value of the slider to 20%. Is this doable ?

        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 1, 2008
          > Thank you for that but is there any way to set a default value, say I want
          > a contrast to be at 20%. What I want is launch a pscript which would set
          > the value of the slider to 20%. Is this doable ?

          I don't think so but I am also sure that JohnM will find a good approximation
          for it using some 5-way or /&tap[] stuff. Does the latter work on the Treos?

          All=my=best, Paul
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 1, 2008
            Quoting Paul Nevai <nevai@...-state.edu>:

            >> Thank you for that but is there any way to set a default value, say I want
            >> a contrast to be at 20%. What I want is launch a pscript which would set
            >> the value of the slider to 20%. Is this doable ?
            >
            > I don't think so but I am also sure that JohnM will find a good approximation
            > for it using some 5-way or /&tap[] stuff. Does the latter work on the Treos?

            Yup. "/&tap[]" does work on the Treo, and turns out to be the most
            practical way I can find to do this. 5-way will work but is clumsy,
            /&tapDown and /&penDown have problems. The following will likely work
            on any OS5 device, although there certainly are variabilities in the
            handling of /&tap between different flavors of the OS. When activated
            this pScript should open the Brightness (contrast) dialog, move the
            slider to 20% (+or- 1%), and close the dialog again. It depends on the
            x,y coordinates being correct for the 20% spot on the slider. It is
            correct for the Treo 755p. If not correct for other device just use
            pInfoTool/menu/misc/screen coordinates to find the correct x,y.

            {Contrast 20::
            /&varSet@[$1,1]
            /xX
            /5u
            /&script$[@@Con2@@]}
            {Con2::
            /&varAdd@[$1,1]
            /&tap[040,130]
            /&script$[@@Con3@@]}
            {Con3::
            /&ifScript@[$1<15,@@Con2@@]
            /&ifScript@[$1==15,@@Con4@@]}
            {Con4::
            /&control[@@Done@@]}

            Please let me know if this works for you.

            ~ John
          • fjmancho
            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 1, 2008
              Hi John

              Interesting pScript.
              I don't have Treo a have T3 and it works for me.

              Jose

              >>> Thank you for that but is there any way to set a default value, say I
              want
              >>> a contrast to be at 20%. What I want is launch a pscript which would set
              >>> the value of the slider to 20%. Is this doable ?
              >>
              >> I don't think so but I am also sure that JohnM will find a good
              approximation
              >> for it using some 5-way or /&tap[] stuff. Does the latter work on the
              Treos?

              >Yup. "/&tap[]" does work on the Treo, and turns out to be the most
              >practical way I can find to do this. 5-way will work but is clumsy,
              >/&tapDown and /&penDown have problems. The following will likely work
              >on any OS5 device, although there certainly are variabilities in the
              >handling of /&tap between different flavors of the OS. When activated
              >this pScript should open the Brightness (contrast) dialog, move the
              >slider to 20% (+or- 1%), and close the dialog again. It depends on the
              >x,y coordinates being correct for the 20% spot on the slider. It is
              >correct for the Treo 755p. If not correct for other device just use
              >pInfoTool/menu/misc/screen coordinates to find the correct x,y.
              >

              >{Contrast 20::
              >/&varSet@[$1,1]
              >/xX
              >/5u
              >/&script$[@@Con2@@]}
              >{Con2::
              >/&varAdd@[$1,1]
              >/&tap[040,130]
              >/&script$[@@Con3@@]}
              >{Con3::
              >/&ifScript@[$1<15,@@Con2@@]
              >/&ifScript@[$1==15,@@Con4@@]}
              >{Con4::
              >/&control[@@Done@@]}
              >

              >Please let me know if this works for you.
              >
              > ~ John

              F. Jose Mancho
              mobil number +254726 939095
              Message 6 of 8 , Feb 2, 2008
                Hi Jose-

                Quoting fjmancho <fjmancho@...>:
                > Hi John
                >
                > Interesting pScript.
                > I don't have Treo a have T3 and it works for me.
                >
                > Jose

                Great. That multiple-iteration move with /&ifScript@[] can be very
                useful. The same thing can be achieved with /&ifGoTo@[] , but in this
                case, because of the /&tap[], using /&ifScript@[] was less complicated.