Re: [peditors] pPointerTool Question

    Message 1 of 40 , Sep 11, 2007
      Quoting Jerry Gluck <Jgluck@...>:

      > John -
      >
      > Thank you very much, indeed.

      You are most welcome.

      > This generates another question - where do I find the information in (and
      > which) the manual, in order to get this into a pscript? I have not had the
      > time to investigate pScripting. :-(

      The info on pScripting is in the pScript section of the pedit
      manual, plus there's info in the files section of this forum, plus this
      forum itself (search of prior stuff plus current discussion). I'll
      always try to help with pScripts and others here will too.

      > Paul - thanks to you to for the pointers on the pointers (and also for a
      > tremendously rich tool set) ... Is there an index to all the different
      > manuals somewhere?

      Just go to Paul's website and look down the left side for the
      documentation items.

      ~ John
    • Jon Hind
      Message 40 of 40 , Feb 1, 2008
        I have been a little busy computing wise - home server trashed it's hard
        disk , wireless router gone weird, daughters PC virussy. And tinkering with
        the Asus. Discovered lyx which looks v. promising.

        To the point. I started an essay on the Palm , Foleo and EEE thing. I might
        finish, but the Feleo Palm thing would never have worked - why ?

        Because Treos are flaky and reset often? no.
        Because Palm might have found the Linux platform harder than they thought ?
        no,
        Pricing ?

        Battery life !! would have been the Emperors new clothes moment.

        My Treo 680 can't manage a full day with GPRS turned on. How could it do
        that and Bluetooth on all the time ? It couldn't. So you'd have to carry a
        cable to charge the Treo every couple of hours. Which rather kills the
        spontaneity of the concept,

        So there you are. The whole thing was a non starter.

        And palm EEE - don't know - the EEE hasn't got bluetooth and I haven't got
        the two to synch by cable . I know it can because I have on the desktop with
        xubntu and gnome-pilot. But it doesn't work out of the box. So I haven't
        bothered.

        Jon.

        --
        Jon