Re: [peditors] pPointerTool Question

  • Jerry Gluck
    Message 1 of 40 , Sep 11, 2007
      On Tuesday 11 September 2007, John Markley wrote:
      > Jerry - re:
      >
      > Quoting Paul Nevai <nevai@...-state.edu>:
      > > If I fixed it, that would kill a lot of pScripts since it would empty the
      > > event queue.
      >
      > Here's your fix. You can use any # hold'n'hold you want, by mapping
      > the following pScript to it, which clears the event that triggers the
      > message *before* it activates pPointer. :)
      >

      > {pPointer::
      > /&runtimeInit[]
      > /&script$[@@pPoint2@@]}
      > {pPoint2::/&specAct[42]}

      John -

      Thank you very much, indeed.

      This generates another question - where do I find the information in (and
      which) the manual, in order to get this into a pscript? I have not had the
      time to investigate pScripting. :-(

      Paul - thanks to you to for the pointers on the pointers (and also for a
      tremendously rich tool set) ... Is there an index to all the different
      manuals somewhere?

      Regards,

      -Jerry
      --
      Commonsense is on perpetual backorder...
      Registered Linux User #165194
      Message 40 of 40 , Feb 1, 2008
        I have been a little busy computing wise - home server trashed it's hard
        disk , wireless router gone weird, daughters PC virussy. And tinkering with
        the Asus. Discovered lyx which looks v. promising.

        To the point. I started an essay on the Palm , Foleo and EEE thing. I might
        finish, but the Feleo Palm thing would never have worked - why ?

        Because Treos are flaky and reset often? no.
        Because Palm might have found the Linux platform harder than they thought ?
        no,
        Pricing ?

        Battery life !! would have been the Emperors new clothes moment.

        My Treo 680 can't manage a full day with GPRS turned on. How could it do
        that and Bluetooth on all the time ? It couldn't. So you'd have to carry a
        cable to charge the Treo every couple of hours. Which rather kills the
        spontaneity of the concept,

        So there you are. The whole thing was a non starter.

        And palm EEE - don't know - the EEE hasn't got bluetooth and I haven't got
        the two to synch by cable . I know it can because I have on the desktop with
        xubntu and gnome-pilot. But it doesn't work out of the box. So I haven't
        bothered.

        Jon.

        --
        Jon