Palm cancels the Foleo

    Message 1 of 40 , Sep 4, 2007
    • Jon Hind
      Message 40 of 40 , Feb 1, 2008
        I have been a little busy computing wise - home server trashed it's hard
        disk , wireless router gone weird, daughters PC virussy. And tinkering with
        the Asus. Discovered lyx which looks v. promising.

        To the point. I started an essay on the Palm , Foleo and EEE thing. I might
        finish, but the Feleo Palm thing would never have worked - why ?

        Because Treos are flaky and reset often? no.
        Because Palm might have found the Linux platform harder than they thought ?
        no,
        Pricing ?

        Battery life !! would have been the Emperors new clothes moment.

        My Treo 680 can't manage a full day with GPRS turned on. How could it do
        that and Bluetooth on all the time ? It couldn't. So you'd have to carry a
        cable to charge the Treo every couple of hours. Which rather kills the
        spontaneity of the concept,

        So there you are. The whole thing was a non starter.

        And palm EEE - don't know - the EEE hasn't got bluetooth and I haven't got
        the two to synch by cable . I know it can because I have on the desktop with
        xubntu and gnome-pilot. But it doesn't work out of the box. So I haven't
        bothered.

        Jon.

        --
        Jon