naming pscripts, peditPro demo

  • Richard Klinda
    Message 1 of 46 , Aug 1, 2007
      Hello!

      Finally I got my TX! :-) I was lucky, because I got it for $270 instead
      of the regular price of ~$460 (here in Hungary, at least) due to
      mistyped price quote in a webshop I found.:)

      First I would like to thank you who advised me to go ahead and switch to
      the TX (especially to you Dennis "dmccunney").

      I think the biggest change for me is the lack of the permanent
      silkscreen area, which I used for the vast majority of my easylaunch
      strokes. For text entry, I always use the on screen keyboard, never
      graffiti (especially since it is graffiti2), so I have lost the ability
      to use for example "menu -> apps" and the like strokes. My solution is
      this: lets forget about easylaunch5 because I don't have a silkscreen
      anymore and instead use PToolPrefs button presses exclusively.

      == QUESTIONS ==

      I've written some very basic pscripts to do various stuff (mainly:
      launch applications) and named them pScript_01 etc, so I can assign them
      to hold'n'hold button presses. I like this config very much BUT there
      is a substantial problem: as I assign more and more pScripts and all of
      them are named like pScript_01, the list that flashes before my eyes
      looks like this: pScript_04, pScript_09, pScript_01. Is it possible to
      give a "display name" to these scripts?

      My other question, I would like to try out peditPro, (I have only
      registered ptoolset), is the demo version of peditPro lives together
      peacefully with the registered ptoolset?

      Another one: I would like to buy a thinkoutside (iGO?) bluetooth
      keyboard, here is your chance to say "NOOO!!" if I should not do that.:)

      Thank you very much, have a nice day, Richard
      Message 46 of 46 , Aug 31, 2007
        Quoting John Markley <jmmjr@...>:

        Forgot one other item re

        > Long answer, if anyone is interested --
        > Using a TX, I navigate apps, DAs, functions, using a combination of
        > pToolSet taps and button hold, LauncherX, ButtonsEx, txhomebtn by
        > mobilestream, pScriptTool, pScriptButtons, and PsLink.

        I also have pLaunchTool set to a tap and it gives me a list of
        renamed pScriptRunner miniapps that launch several different pMagiPads
        I use for specific dedicated tasks.