Re: [peditors] Re: having trouble with a pScript - please advise

    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 31, 2007
      Oops. There is a typo in the pScript I suggested. See below--
      Quoting John Markley <jmmjr@...>:

      > Quoting bh77a <bh77a@...>:
      >
      >> John,
      >>
      >> Thanks for the pointers. Be using the following script, slightly
      >> modified from your example, I achieve success when running the script
      >> using pScriptTool (pToolSet). However, when I launch a script using a
      >> pScriptRunner in conjunction with Hi-Launcher, the copy command fails,
      >> as does the "exit" button have weird behavior (tapping it keeps
      >> re-running the script).
      >>
      >> Here is my script:
      >>
      >> {pScript#C::/ec
      >> /&launch [@@pDateTool@@,0]
      >> /&script [@@paste@@]}
      >>
      >> {paste::/ep}
      >>
      >> */&script$ didn't paste, only producing a beeping sound...
      >>
      >> Any thoughts would be appreciated.
      >>
      >> Regards,
      >> Brian
      >
      > Hi Brian-
      >
      > Under some circumstances, usually requiring trial and error to
      > determine, the pScriptRunner miniapps require a chained pScript
      > separating the runner name from the first token/action/pFunction. This
      > appears to be one. Try this--
      >

      > {pScript#C::
      > /&script$[@@paste@@]
      > {paste::
      > /ec
      > /&launch [@@pDateTool@@,0]
      > /&script$[@@paste2@@]}
      > {paste2::/ep}
      >

      > ~ John

      I left out the terminal "}" in the first script. It should be

      {pScript#C::
      /&script$[@@paste@@]}

      ~ John
    • Brian Houghton
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 1 10:01 AM
        Hi,

        Thanks for the tips. So far, using your tips still don't work while
        using the pScriptRunner. I will continue to experiment and if I happen
        to find a working solution, I will share it with you.

        Regards,
        Brian

        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 1 11:49 AM
          Hi Brian-

          Somethings wrong. Before I posted my prior response I tested it
          carefully and did so again just now and it works perfectly. I normally
          don't use Hi-Launcher, preferring a combo of pLaunchTool and the
          built-in launcher of my TX, but I used to use Hi-Launcher... so I
          reinstalled it and ran the runner with it just fine. Exact details are -

          1) highlighted some text in a pedit memo.
          2) activated the pScript#C mini app with Hi-Launcher
          3) the test text was printed into the pDateTool entry area

          Most likely your problem is some little typo error in your script.
          Another possibility that catches people sometimes is that every pScript
          in every chain in your entire pScriptPad must have its own unique name.
          No duplications. So if, for example, you have more than one pScript
          named "paste", or "pScriptC", you may well get odd or no results. So
          check your pScript *very* carefully, every little detail. It should
          read (with your choice of names so long as unique) --

          {pScript#C::
          /&script$[@@paste@@]}
          {paste::
          /ec
          /&launch[@@pDateTool@@,0]
          /&script$[@@paste2@@]}
          {paste2::/ep}

          ~ John

          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 1 12:50 PM
            Addendum- Another possibility, unlikely but I've done it myself, is
            that you might have the pScriptRunner miniapp name in the pScriptPad a
            different case than the app itself, i.e. lower case "c" app, upper case
            "C" pScript#C.

            ~ John

          • bh77a@cox.net
            Message 5 of 10 , Aug 1 1:15 PM
              Hi John,

              Thanks for replying. After retyping my script, copying yours directly, it now works perfectly, even when ran via Hi-Launcher. Thank you so much for your persistence and tutorials.

              As a side note, Hi-Launcher is handy because you can rename the display name of a script runner, such as pCScript to "send text to calendar".

              Thanks again.

              Regards,
              Brian

              Message 6 of 10 , Aug 1 1:26 PM