pToolSet 8.12 is here...

    Message 1 of 14 , Jul 29, 2007
      Dear pToolSetters:

      Get the latest pToolSet 8.12 from

      http://home.columbus.rr.com/nevai/palm/pToolSet_demo.zip

      WARNING. Since pedit, LapTopHack, and pToolSet share components, if you use
      more than one of them, then they all must be of the same version, preferably
      the latest one.

      Cheers, Paul
    • Phil Mendelsohn
      Message 2 of 14 , Jul 29, 2007
        When I download the file by the link sent to registered pToolSet users,
        I also seem to get version 8.11 of pToolSet. The new pc_all seems to
        have v8.12. I do have v8.12 of pEdit.

        So far, I have not had any trouble (on my new TX <whee!>), but I'd like
        to know if I really have the version I want.

        Note: I think these are backwards from the way Jake said his versions
        seemed off -- but mine don't seem to be fixing themselves (even with
        soft reboots.)

        Any advise?

        Thanks,
        Phil Mendelsohn
        Univ. of Manitoba - Dept. of Mathematics

        --
        "To misattribute a quote is unforgivable." -- Anonymous
        Message 3 of 14 , Jul 29, 2007
          Quoting Phil Mendelsohn <phil@...>:

          > When I download the file by the link sent to registered pToolSet users,
          > I also seem to get version 8.11 of pToolSet. The new pc_all seems to
          > have v8.12. I do have v8.12 of pEdit.
          >
          > So far, I have not had any trouble (on my new TX <whee!>), but I'd like
          > to know if I really have the version I want.
          >
          > Note: I think these are backwards from the way Jake said his versions
          > seemed off -- but mine don't seem to be fixing themselves (even with
          > soft reboots.)
          >
          > Any advise?

          Yes. Firstly, since you are pToolSet registered you don't want the
          version in pc_all as that's a demo. Redownload the reg version from
          the link Paul sent you, install it, open pMasterTool, go to the
          dropdown menus, and hit pMT2/"Version info...". It should say 8.12,
          compiled at 04:34:50 EST on Jul29 2007. If so, you're all set. If
          *not*, post back and Paul will doubtless see it and fix it for you.

          ~ John
        • Phil Mendelsohn
          Message 4 of 14 , Jul 29, 2007
            John Markley wrote:

            > Yes. Firstly, since you are pToolSet registered you don't want the
            > version in pc_all as that's a demo. Redownload the reg version from
            > the link Paul sent you, install it, open pMasterTool, go to the
            > dropdown menus, and hit pMT2/"Version info...". It should say 8.12,
            > compiled at 04:34:50 EST on Jul29 2007. If so, you're all set. If
            > *not*, post back and Paul will doubtless see it and fix it for you.

            Yep, that's what I did before I posted. Thanks for the confirmation --
            I've pulled enough Stupid Human Tricks in my time.

            Same thing (third try):

            "This pMaster Tool 8.11 was compiled at 10:41:40 EST on May 30 2007."

            Thanks again.

            Message 5 of 14 , Jul 29, 2007
              > Phil Mendelsohn Univ. of Manitoba - Dept. of Mathematics

              Is all OK now? Give my regards to Kirill. Best regards, Paul
            • Phil Mendelsohn
              Message 6 of 14 , Jul 29, 2007
                Paul Nevai wrote:
                >> Phil Mendelsohn Univ. of Manitoba - Dept. of Mathematics
                >
                > Is all OK now? Give my regards to Kirill. Best regards, Paul

                All is indeed OK -- thanks very much.

                In social circles, I seem to be converging to you (uniformly?!), Paul.
                First Tom Schwartzbauer is a mutual acquaintance, now Kirill (he was my
                thesis advisor!)

                Cheers,
                Phil Mendelsohn
                Univ. of Manitoba - Dept. of Mathematics

                --
                "To misattribute a quote is unforgivable." -- Anonymous
              • john.messeder
                Message 7 of 14 , Aug 3 6:09 AM
                  I'm trying to recall back to when I started using pedit, and I think I
                  got in trouble using the demo tools when I really wanted the not-demo
                  version and hadn't read the instructions on how to get it.
                  Or will pToolSet_demo install over top of my existing installation
                  and know what to do from there?

                  Paul Nevai wrote:
                  > Get the latest pToolSet 8.12 from
                  >
                  > http://home.columbus.rr.com/nevai/palm/pToolSet_demo.zip
                  > <http://home.columbus.rr.com/nevai/palm/pToolSet_demo.zip>

                  --

                  /"Thirty-five million deaths leave an empty place at only one family
                  table." /

                  Message 8 of 14 , Aug 3 9:16 AM
                    Quoting "john.messeder" <jmesseder@...>:

                    > I'm trying to recall back to when I started using pedit, and I think I
                    > got in trouble using the demo tools when I really wanted the not-demo
                    > version and hadn't read the instructions on how to get it.
                    > Or will pToolSet_demo install over top of my existing installation
                    > and know what to do from there?

                    No, it won't. Paul sends out the updated registered version of
                    pToolSet to registered users each time, so if you are registered for
                    pToolSet you should have received an email with a link to the new v8.12
                    from him. If you are, and you didn't, let him know (he'll see this, so
                    he knows now).

                    ~ John
                  • john.messeder
                    Message 9 of 14 , Aug 3 9:37 AM
                      It's good to know my memory isn't completely shot. I don't recall seeing
                      anything to me from Paul - only to the list. My 680's running pedit 8.11
                      Registered so I guess I haven't messed up (I couldn't remember whether
                      I'd installed the 8.12 download).
                      No particular rush. I can't download til later this evening anyway.
                      And I've got that plucker script to play with.
                      I'm just having too much fun. :-)

                      Message 10 of 14 , Aug 3 11:11 AM
                        On Fri, Aug 03, 2007 at 12:37:51PM -0400, john.messeder wrote:
                        > It's good to know my memory isn't completely shot. I don't recall seeing
                        > anything to me from Paul - only to the list.

                        Blame your spam filter. All=my=best, Paul
                      • jmesseder@comcast.net
                        Message 11 of 14 , Aug 3 1:35 PM
                          Consider it blamed. Thanks.

                          From: Paul Nevai <nevai@...-state.edu>

                          Message 12 of 14 , Sep 3, 2007
                            This may be for Paul:
                            I've had to uninstall/reinstall my 680 -- twice, actually -- and finally
                            got 'round to trying to do something with pEdit other than just write
                            memos. Tried to insert publisher's quoted from the pAscii too and got
                            the following: "pAsciiTool needs that pToolSet be upgraded to pToolsetPro."
                            I thought I had matching downloads for peditpro (v8.12 is installed and
                            working) and ptoolsetpro. I even went back to the pToolSet_Demo.zip
                            link, downloaded, zapped what was in there, installed the new stuff and
                            I get the same message.
                            What'd I mess up? It's way past midnight and I'm guessing I've not had
                            enough caffeine.

                            Message 13 of 14 , Sep 4, 2007
                              Hi John:

                              On Tue, Sep 04, 2007 at 12:27:12AM -0400, john.messeder wrote:
                              > I've had to uninstall/reinstall my 680 -- twice, actually -- and finally
                              > got 'round to trying to do something with pEdit other than just write
                              > memos. Tried to insert publisher's quoted from the pAscii too and got
                              > the following: "pAsciiTool needs that pToolSet be upgraded to pToolsetPro."
                              > I thought I had matching downloads for peditpro (v8.12 is installed and
                              > working) and ptoolsetpro. I even went back to the pToolSet_Demo.zip
                              > link, downloaded, zapped what was in there, installed the new stuff and
                              > I get the same message.

                              I responded privately. OK now? All=my=best, Paul
                            • john.messeder
                              Message 14 of 14 , Sep 4, 2007
                                Yessir. Thank you.