Reading a document a page at a time

  • Rodney Topor
    Message 1 of 14 , Jun 27 12:45 AM
      Please excuse a naive question which is probably answered somewhere in
      the peditPro manual, but using peditPro (and preferably no other
      tools) what is the easiest way to scan through a document one page (or
      screen) at a time? In listview, right 5-way button does this for you,
      but what is the equivalent in editview?

      Rodney
    • Morgan Young
      Message 2 of 14 , Jun 27 5:11 AM
        is there a pscript or something out there to get a Treo 650 to call a
        certain number at a certain time of day? Specifically I want my Treo to
        forward all my calls to my house phone with little interaction from me.
        so specifically at say 23:58 pm, my Treo wake up and call
        *72-1-417-XXX-XXXX where X is my home phone number. in a perfect world,
        my Treo would allow for the phone to do it's bussiness for all of 3
        seconds, this is hte longest I have seen this phone call last cause the
        system will hang up on you if you don't hang up on it. then the treo
        should go back to sleep.
        Does anyone know how to do this?

        --
        R. Morgan Young, CCEMT-P
        theonlymorgan2@...

        If you can't carry your injured buddy and all his gear, what good are
        you? Sgt Grit, USMC, 2007

        Message 3 of 14 , Jun 27 5:42 AM
          Quoting Rodney Topor <r_topor@...>:

          > Please excuse a naive question which is probably answered somewhere in
          > the peditPro manual, but using peditPro (and preferably no other
          > tools) what is the easiest way to scan through a document one page (or
          > screen) at a time? In listview, right 5-way button does this for you,
          > but what is the equivalent in editview?
          >
          > Rodney

          In preferences/EditView, uncheck "cursor moves via 5-way button".

          Message 4 of 14 , Jun 27 8:46 AM
            On Wed, Jun 27, 2007 at 07:11:21AM -0500, Morgan Young wrote:
            > is there a pscript or something out there to get a Treo 650 to call a
            > certain number at a certain time of day? Specifically I want my Treo to
            > forward all my calls to my house phone with little interaction from me.
            > so specifically at say 23:58 pm, my Treo wake up and call
            > *72-1-417-XXX-XXXX where X is my home phone number. in a perfect world,
            > my Treo would allow for the phone to do it's bussiness for all of 3
            > seconds, this is hte longest I have seen this phone call last cause the
            > system will hang up on you if you don't hang up on it. then the treo
            > should go back to sleep.
            > Does anyone know how to do this?

            Yes, probably, if you combine pScripting with a Palm cron utility. I have no
            idea how difficult is to write this BUT BUT BUT I do such things on my Mac
            and on linux all the time. I have hundreds of unix shell scripts
            accomplishing similar jobs on a regular basis.

            I can't comment on the above Treo specific issues. I have a 4 year old LG
            cell phone which is nothing but a plain vanilla phone. [cell = mobil(e) in
            Europe]

            /Paul
            Message 5 of 14 , Jun 27 9:54 AM
              Quoting Paul Nevai <nevai@...-state.edu>:

              > On Wed, Jun 27, 2007 at 07:11:21AM -0500, Morgan Young wrote:
              >> is there a pscript or something out there to get a Treo 650 to call a
              >> certain number at a certain time of day? Specifically I want my Treo to
              >> forward all my calls to my house phone with little interaction from me.
              >> so specifically at say 23:58 pm, my Treo wake up and call
              >> *72-1-417-XXX-XXXX where X is my home phone number. in a perfect world,
              >> my Treo would allow for the phone to do it's bussiness for all of 3
              >> seconds, this is hte longest I have seen this phone call last cause the
              >> system will hang up on you if you don't hang up on it. then the treo
              >> should go back to sleep.
              >> Does anyone know how to do this?
              >
              > Yes, probably, if you combine pScripting with a Palm cron utility. I have no
              > idea how difficult is to write this BUT BUT BUT I do such things on my Mac
              > and on linux all the time. I have hundreds of unix shell scripts
              > accomplishing similar jobs on a regular basis.
              >
              > I can't comment on the above Treo specific issues. I have a 4 year old LG
              > cell phone which is nothing but a plain vanilla phone. [cell = mobil(e) in
              > Europe]
              >
              > /Paul

              I changed the Subject line because the old one was completely
              unrelated to the content.

              There might be a way you could do this, but cannot test as I don't
              have a Treo. Poassibly you could install Crony3

              http://mytreo.net/downloads/details-735.html?Crony

              and set it to open a pScriptRunner miniapp which would run a pScript
              that dials the number you want.

              Alternatively, maybe there is some way to do this without a pScript.
              Have you posted to any of the Treo forums?

              Message 6 of 14 , Jun 27 10:40 AM
                On 6/27/07, Paul Nevai <nevai@...-state.edu> wrote:
                > On Wed, Jun 27, 2007 at 07:11:21AM -0500, Morgan Young wrote:
                > > is there a pscript or something out there to get a Treo 650 to call a
                > > certain number at a certain time of day?
                >
                > Yes, probably, if you combine pScripting with a Palm cron utility. I have no
                > idea how difficult is to write this BUT BUT BUT I do such things on my Mac
                > and on linux all the time. I have hundreds of unix shell scripts
                > accomplishing similar jobs on a regular basis.

                I've placed a copy of "Crony v3", a PalmOS cron utility, in the files
                area for the group.

                Crony is the *only* PalmOS cron utility I've seen, and v3.0 works under OS5.

                Message 7 of 14 , Jun 27 10:44 AM
                  On 6/27/07, John Markley <jmmjr@...> wrote:

                  > There might be a way you could do this, but cannot test as I don't
                  > have a Treo. Poassibly you could install Crony3
                  >
                  > http://mytreo.net/downloads/details-735.html?Crony

                  A copy is now in the group's file area. As I recall, MyTreo.net
                  requires membership to download.

                  > ~ John
                • Morgan Young
                  Message 8 of 14 , Jun 27 12:06 PM
                    John Markley wrote:
                    > Quoting Paul Nevai <nevai@...-state.edu>:
                    >
                    >> On Wed, Jun 27, 2007 at 07:11:21AM -0500, Morgan Young wrote:
                    >>> is there a pscript or something out there to get a Treo 650 to call a
                    >>> certain number at a certain time of day? Specifically I want my Treo to
                    >>> forward all my calls to my house phone with little interaction from me.
                    >>> so specifically at say 23:58 pm, my Treo wake up and call
                    >>> *72-1-417-XXX-XXXX where X is my home phone number. in a perfect world,
                    >>> my Treo would allow for the phone to do it's bussiness for all of 3
                    >>> seconds, this is hte longest I have seen this phone call last cause the
                    >>> system will hang up on you if you don't hang up on it. then the treo
                    >>> should go back to sleep.
                    >>> Does anyone know how to do this?
                    >> Yes, probably, if you combine pScripting with a Palm cron utility. I have no
                    >> idea how difficult is to write this BUT BUT BUT I do such things on my Mac
                    >> and on linux all the time. I have hundreds of unix shell scripts
                    >> accomplishing similar jobs on a regular basis.
                    >>
                    >> I can't comment on the above Treo specific issues. I have a 4 year old LG
                    >> cell phone which is nothing but a plain vanilla phone. [cell = mobil(e) in
                    >> Europe]
                    >>
                    >> /Paul
                    >
                    > I changed the Subject line because the old one was completely
                    > unrelated to the content.

                    Oops, sorry about that.

                    > There might be a way you could do this, but cannot test as I don't
                    > have a Treo. Poassibly you could install Crony3
                    >
                    > http://mytreo.net/downloads/details-735.html?Crony

                    Never heard of it, will give it a try.

                    > and set it to open a pScriptRunner miniapp which would run a pScript
                    > that dials the number you want.
                    >
                    > Alternatively, maybe there is some way to do this without a pScript.
                    > Have you posted to any of the Treo forums?
                    >
                    > ~ John

                    Haven't been to a Treo Forum yet. didn't even think of it. will see
                    what I can do over there.

                    --
                    R. Morgan Young, CCEMT-P
                    theonlymorgan2@...
                    www.FairTax.org

                    If you can't carry your injured buddy and all his gear, what good are
                    you? Sgt Grit, USMC, 2007

                  • Michael M. Rye
                    Message 9 of 14 , Jun 27 12:28 PM
                      On Wed, 27 Jun 2007 13:40:33 -0400 dmccunney <dennis.mccunney@...>
                      wrote:
                      >On 6/27/07, Paul Nevai <nevai@...-state.edu> wrote:
                      >> On Wed, Jun 27, 2007 at 07:11:21AM -0500, Morgan Young wrote:
                      >> > is there a pscript or something out there to get a Treo 650 to call a
                      >> > certain number at a certain time of day?
                      >>
                      >> Yes, probably, if you combine pScripting with a Palm cron utility. I
                      have no
                      >> idea how difficult is to write this BUT BUT BUT I do such things on my
                      Mac
                      >> and on linux all the time. I have hundreds of unix shell scripts
                      >> accomplishing similar jobs on a regular basis.
                      >
                      >I've placed a copy of "Crony v3", a PalmOS cron utility, in the files
                      >area for the group.
                      >
                      >Crony is the *only* PalmOS cron utility I've seen, and v3.0 works under
                      OS5.

                      There's a small program called "LookAtMe" which also works on PalmOS 5.

                      ---
                      Mike
                      Message 10 of 14 , Jun 27 12:37 PM
                        Quoting Morgan Young <theonlymorgan2@...>:

                        > John Markley wrote:
                        >> There might be a way you could do this, but cannot test as I don't
                        >> have a Treo. Poassibly you could install Crony3
                        >>
                        >> http://mytreo.net/downloads/details-735.html?Crony
                        >> and set it to open a pScriptRunner miniapp which would run a pScript
                        >> that dials the number you want.

                        > Never heard of it, will give it a try.

                        Good. No doubt you have noted that Dennis just put Crony3 in our
                        forum files section. I just ran a little test with my TX, and indeed
                        Crony3 will activate a pScript by way of one of the pScriptRunner
                        miniapps at a selected time, so if you can write a pScript that will
                        dial the number you want you should be all set. Have you used the
                        pScriptRunner miniapps, know how?

                        Message 11 of 14 , Jun 27 1:10 PM
                          On 6/27/07, Michael M. Rye <mrye@...> wrote:
                          > On Wed, 27 Jun 2007 13:40:33 -0400 dmccunney <dennis.mccunney@...>
                          > wrote:
                          > >I've placed a copy of "Crony v3", a PalmOS cron utility, in the files
                          > >area for the group.
                          > >
                          > >Crony is the *only* PalmOS cron utility I've seen, and v3.0 works under
                          > >OS5.
                          >
                          > There's a small program called "LookAtMe" which also works on PalmOS 5.

                          There are a number of alarm/launcher apps ala LookAtMe. ($10
                          shareware, incidentally)

                          Crony is freeware, and specifically tries to emulate the Unix cron
                          scheduler utility. It's the only Palm app I've seen that does.

                          Since I'm a *nix admin, I happen to like it... :-)

                          Message 12 of 14 , Jun 27 1:27 PM
                            I re-posted this from Dennis with the new subject line so the OP
                            wouldn't miss it.
                            ~ John

                            Quoting John Markley <jmmjr@...>:

                            >> On 6/27/07, Michael M. Rye <mrye@...> wrote:

                            >>> There's a small program called "LookAtMe" which also works on PalmOS 5.
                            >
                            > There are a number of alarm/launcher apps ala LookAtMe. ($10
                            > shareware, incidentally)
                            >
                            > Crony is freeware, and specifically tries to emulate the Unix cron
                            > scheduler utility. It's the only Palm app I've seen that does.
                            >
                            > Since I'm a *nix admin, I happen to like it... :-)
                            >
                            >> Mike
                            > ______
                            > Dennis
                            >

                            >> Latest pedit/pToolSet/LapTopHack at http://www.osuweb.net/~pc/pca/pc_all.zip
                            >> pedit/pToolSet/LapTopHack scripting info/resources at
                            >> http://www.peditors.com
                            >> Yahoo! Groups Links
                            >>

                            > Latest pedit/pToolSet/LapTopHack at http://www.osuweb.net/~pc/pca/pc_all.zip
                            > pedit/pToolSet/LapTopHack scripting info/resources at http://www.peditors.com
                            > Yahoo! Groups Links

                          • Rodney Topor
                            Message 13 of 14 , Jun 28 2:12 AM
                              --- In peditors@yahoogroups.com, John Markley <jmmjr@...> wrote:

                              > In preferences/EditView, uncheck "cursor moves via 5-way button".
                              >
                              > ~ John

                              Great! An answer to my actual question. You've made me very happy. Thanks.

                              Rodney
                              Message 14 of 14 , Jun 28 5:09 AM
                                You're very welcome. Glad that works for you.

                                ~ John