pToolSet - poor pToolSet

    Message 1 of 20 , Jun 1, 2007
      Hi Guys:

      Knock knock...

      Who is there?

      Two separate expired offers for three complimentary pToolSet registrations
      and no takers. Not even a request "OK, gimme one for Fido and one for
      Tinkerbell".

      /Paul
      Message 2 of 20 , Jun 1, 2007
        Quoting Paul Nevai <nevai@...-state.edu>:

        > Hi Guys:
        >
        > Knock knock...
        >
        > Who is there?
        >
        > Two separate expired offers for three complimentary pToolSet registrations
        > and no takers. Not even a request "OK, gimme one for Fido and one for
        > Tinkerbell".
        >
        > /Paul

        ARRGGGHHHH! Where are those guys? I've been holding back. So,

        FEATURE REQUEST!! Can you add hold'n'hold capability to the center
        5-way button? Probably difficult, and thus an ideal request. :)

        And, in spite of unfulfillment of the stated conditions for this, I
        *do* publically state my admiration for the fine Cavaliers (C3-P2 now).

        Message 3 of 20 , Jun 1, 2007
          On Fri, Jun 01, 2007 at 07:39:15AM -0400, John Markley wrote:
          > FEATURE REQUEST!! Can you add hold'n'hold capability to the center
          > 5-way button? Probably difficult, and thus an ideal request. :)

          I do not want to tinker with the 5-way. It has some systemwide functions. In
          addition, it works differently on almost all Palms. I couldn't even test it
          on my simulators only on my TX. Not on Treos, etc. Many apps also depend
          locally on the 5-way. Even pedit would get screwed up. So, in summary,
          sorry...Paul
          Message 4 of 20 , Jun 1, 2007
            Quoting Paul Nevai <nevai@...-state.edu>:

            > I do not want to tinker with the 5-way. It has some systemwide functions. In
            > addition, it works differently on almost all Palms. I couldn't even test it
            > on my simulators only on my TX. Not on Treos, etc. Many apps also depend
            > locally on the 5-way. Even pedit would get screwed up. So, in summary,
            > sorry...Paul

            OK. I'll think of more....
            cheers, John
          • Ian
            Message 5 of 20 , Jun 1, 2007
              On 6/1/07, Paul Nevai <nevai@...-state.edu> wrote:

              > Two separate expired offers for three complimentary pToolSet registrations
              > and no takers. Not even a request "OK, gimme one for Fido and one for
              > Tinkerbell".

              Make it an upgrade to peditPro 8 and I'm there ;-)... I guess I'm
              just boring, but I don't use pToolSet.

              Ian
            • steve kunkel
              Message 6 of 20 , Jun 1, 2007
                ". . . but I don't use pToolSet."GASP !!!

                steve | steve | steve | steve | steve

                To: peditors@yahoogroups.comFrom: isoboroff@...: Fri, 1 Jun 2007 08:58:18 -0400Subject: Re: [peditors] pToolSet - poor pToolSet

                .

              • steve kunkel
                Message 7 of 20 , Jun 1, 2007
                  " . . .Not even a request "OK, gimme one for Fido and one forTinkerbell".

                  I know you'll use these extra freed-up resources to develop some really cool new features.

                  (I actually considered requesting one for a friend at work, but I thought that'd be inappropriately piggish...) steve | steve | steve | steve | steve

                  To: peditors@yahoogroups.comFrom: nevai@...-state.eduDate: Fri, 1 Jun 2007 07:03:51 -0400Subject: [peditors] pToolSet - poor pToolSet

                  .

                • tcurtis83
                  Message 8 of 20 , Jun 1, 2007
                    Since I already have a free upgrade I didn't want to be greedy.

                    OK, I'll fess up, I like the Cincinnati Reds, which has nothing to do
                    with basketball.
                    Thayne

                    Paul Nevai wrote:
                    > Hi Guys:
                    >
                    > Knock knock...
                    >
                    > Who is there?
                    >
                    > Two separate expired offers for three complimentary pToolSet registrations
                    > and no takers. Not even a request "OK, gimme one for Fido and one for
                    > Tinkerbell".
                    >
                    > /Paul

                    <snip>
                  • Morgan Young
                    Message 9 of 20 , Jun 1, 2007
                      I didn't know that their was a free offer. I am new here to this group. am I really to late?

                      R.Morgan Young, CCEMT-P
                      Stockton, MO

                      Paul Nevai wrote:
                      > Hi Guys:
                      >
                      > Knock knock...
                      >
                      > Who is there?
                      >
                      > Two separate expired offers for three complimentary pToolSet registrations
                      > and no takers. Not even a request "OK, gimme one for Fido and one for
                      > Tinkerbell".
                      >
                      > /Paul

                      <snip>

                      Latest pedit/pToolSet/LapTopHack at http://www.osuweb.net/~pc/pca/pc_all.zip
                      pedit/pToolSet/LapTopHack scripting info/resources at http://www.peditors.com
                      Yahoo! Groups Links

                    • bh77a
                      Message 10 of 20 , Jun 1, 2007
                        --- In peditors@yahoogroups.com, Paul Nevai <nevai@...> wrote:

                        > Hi Guys:
                        >
                        > Knock knock...
                        >
                        > Who is there?
                        >
                        > Two separate expired offers for three complimentary pToolSet
                        registrations
                        > and no takers. Not even a request "OK, gimme one for Fido and one for
                        > Tinkerbell".
                        >
                        > /Paul

                        Well, I did mention here that if you wanted to give away a pro enabler
                        I would be happy to have it:

                        Figured it didn't hurt to ask since 9 is less than 12.

                        By the way, the game was quite impressive last night. Even my wife
                        couldn't drift off to dream land in her chair as per evening ritual.
                      • Steven Whatley
                        Message 11 of 20 , Jun 1, 2007
                          Hi Paul,

                          I am new to pEditPro and pToolSet. I'm still reading the manuals and
                          trying to grasp the potential capabilities of the two in my workflow. It
                          is a lot to digest at first. I've already purchased both.

                          Thanks,
                          Steven
                          Message 12 of 20 , Jun 2, 2007
                            On Fri, Jun 01, 2007 at 09:54:12PM -0500, Steven Whatley wrote:
                            > I am new to pEditPro and pToolSet. I'm still reading the manuals and
                            > trying to grasp the potential capabilities of the two in my workflow. It
                            > is a lot to digest at first. I've already purchased both.

                            The manual is not for reading. It's for reference. [I think] /Paul
                            Message 13 of 20 , Jun 2, 2007
                              Hi Brian and All:

                              On Sat, Jun 02, 2007 at 02:37:16AM -0000, bh77a wrote:
                              > Well, I did mention here that if you wanted to give away a pro enabler
                              > I would be happy to have it:

                              I missed that. Actually, you buried it inside another message. No it won't
                              happen.

                              BUT BUT BUT, I will give away 3 pToolSetPros if the CAVs beat the Pistons
                              [4-2 or 4-3]. Fist come first served. The requests must be made via the Forum
                              and after the game is over and must be made by registered pToolSet users.

                              The request MUST have an appropriate subject line and must not be mixed with
                              other business.

                              /Paul
                              Message 14 of 20 , Jun 2, 2007
                                > OK, I'll fess up, I like the Cincinnati Reds, which has nothing to do
                                > with basketball.

                                It has nothing to do with baseball either. Sorry, I couldn't miss this pun.
                                The last time I was a Reds fan was when Johnny Bench was catching. But I
                                watched on live TV when

                                #############################################################################
                                On September 11, 1985, Rose broke Cobbs all-time hit record with his 4,192nd
                                hit, a single to left-center field off San Diego Padres pitcher Eric Show,
                                that record-breaking hit earned Rose as ABC's Wide World of Sports Athlete of
                                the Year that year.
                                #############################################################################

                                [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pete_Rose%5d

                                /Paul
                              • steve kunkel
                                Message 15 of 20 , Jun 2, 2007
                                  Paul's funny Freudian typo

                                  "Fist come first served."

                                  ;o) steve | steve | steve | steve | steve

                                  To: peditors@yahoogroups.comFrom: nevai@...-state.eduDate: Sat, 2 Jun 2007 07:19:35 -0400Subject: Re: [peditors] Re: pToolSet - poor pToolSet

                                  .

                                • J Messeder
                                  Message 16 of 20 , Jun 3, 2007
                                    Cleveland Rocks!
                                    I don't know enough about pTools to ask for new stuff that may
                                    already be there, but I have run across a couple things (e.g. pAscii)
                                    that say I need to be putting pToolsPro on my list. So, if I'm in time ...

                                    --

                                    /The erasure of a human subspecies is largely painless -- to us -- if we
                                    know little enough about it. A dead Chinaman is of little import to us
                                    Message 17 of 20 , Jun 4, 2007
                                      Hi Morgan:

                                      On Fri, Jun 01, 2007 at 05:10:20PM -0700, Morgan Young wrote:
                                      > I didn't know that their was a free offer. I am new here to this group.
                                      am I really to late?

                                      It was for registered pToolSet users for a freebie pToolSetPro. However, if
                                      you can't easily afford registering pToolSet, contact me privately. Best
                                      regards, Paul
                                    • Marcus Williams
                                      Message 18 of 20 , Jun 4, 2007
                                        On 04/06/2007 Paul Nevai wrote:
                                        > It was for registered pToolSet users for a freebie pToolSetPro. However,
                                        > if
                                        > you can't easily afford registering pToolSet, contact me privately.

                                        ahhh! For some reason I thought it was for ptoolset (which I already
                                        have), not pro. Dont ask why! Have you still got one spare?

                                        Marcus

                                        --
                                        Marcus Williams, CAD Schroer UK Limited
                                        39 Newnham Road, Cambridge, CB3 9EY
                                        Message 19 of 20 , Jun 5, 2007
                                          Hi Marcus:

                                          On Mon, Jun 04, 2007 at 11:33:45AM +0100, Marcus Williams wrote:
                                          > ahhh! For some reason I thought it was for ptoolset (which I already
                                          > have), not pro. Dont ask why! Have you still got one spare?

                                          You'll get the last one. Remind me in a private e-mail 'cause I'll forget it
                                          by the time I get to my computer tomorrow morning. /Paul
                                        • Jon Hind
                                          Message 20 of 20 , Jun 25, 2007
                                            Well it's hard.

                                            Again ? launching exchange manager thingies from ptoolset.

                                            And you've done the other stuff which I now appreciate with my replacement
                                            palm.

                                            Hmm. how about working with the initiate developer to launch initiate
                                            shortcuts ?
                                            no - thought not :)

                                            Hmm.

                                            On the ptools - allow a . (period/full stop) exit from them all - ptext
                                            needs .E
                                            Oh no see why it's like that - you might want to enter a '.' in the text ?

                                            This is hard...

                                            --
                                            Jon

                                            Email & MSN: jon@...