The Cavs Win & pToolSet feature request

  • bh77a
    Message 1 of 7 , May 27, 2007
      [05/27/07 10:10 PM]

      Congrats to all of you Cavs fans! Lebron James has finally earned some of my *basketball*
      respect. Are you going to game four to be a "witness"?

      Since I already am a registered user of pToolSet, any way to get the pro enabler?

      Feature requests:
      - add contact (like to do, memo and datebook tools)
      - add e-mail (like above)
      - web url launch tool with browser of choice (interface like LaunchTool)

      Regards,
      Brian
      Message 2 of 7 , May 28, 2007
        Hi Brian:

        On Mon, May 28, 2007 at 03:13:58AM -0000, bh77a wrote:
        > Feature requests:
        > - add contact (like to do, memo and datebook tools)

        Nope. We have the address lookup already but adding is simpler via the
        contact application; there are just way too many fields

        > - add e-mail (like above)

        See below, same as with browsers.

        > - web url launch tool with browser of choice (interface like LaunchTool)

        It is probably impossible to do since pToolSet can't know how the third
        party browser works. It can be done with Blazer, and I can do that.

        You can't just communicate with a third party browsers unless you know their
        secrets. I am not about to initiate contacts with developers to beg for info.
        Also, I don't really like to co-operate since many developers don't update
        etc. I have very bad experiences when my stuff depends on others.

        Still interested in VersaMail and Blazer support? I can do that.

        All=my=best, Paul
      • bh77a
        Message 3 of 7 , May 28, 2007
          Hi Paul,

          Yes, the Versamail and Blazer support would be great, if you are
          interested.

          Did you go to the game yesterday?

          How about a pToolSet Pro enabler? :)

          Regards,
          Brian

          Message 4 of 7 , May 28, 2007
            On Mon, May 28, 2007 at 01:34:19PM -0000, bh77a wrote:
            > Did you go to the game yesterday?

            Nope. I watched it on TV only. /Paul
            Message 5 of 7 , May 28, 2007
              Hi Paul, Brian, all -

              Quoting bh77a <bh77a@...>:
              > Hi Paul,
              > Yes, the Versamail and Blazer support would be great, if you are
              > interested.

              Since initiating Blazer invokes the inevitable DBCache delay,
              consider whether or not putting either an automatic or an optional run
              of pFlushDBCache into the new feature would be useful. Currently when
              I want to run Blazer I do so by activating a pScript which first runs
              flush S DBCache, then launches Blazer.

              Message 6 of 7 , May 28, 2007
                Dear All:

                On Mon, May 28, 2007 at 03:13:58AM -0000, bh77a wrote:
                > - web url launch tool with browser of choice (interface like LaunchTool)

                Please elaborate...I need to know what you expect...Paul
              • steve kunkel
                Message 7 of 7 , May 28, 2007
                  >> - web url launch tool with browser of choice (interface like LaunchTool)>Please elaborate...I need to know what you expect...Paul

                  Gee wiz. WIth all this hoo ha about the new 'Spiderman III' movie, I was thinking of something totally different RE "web launch" ... ho ho ha ha--I kid. steve | steve | steve | steve | steve

                  To: peditors@yahoogroups.comFrom: nevai@...-state.eduDate: Mon, 28 May 2007 11:37:52 -0400Subject: [peditors] pToolSet URL launching

                  .