Re: [peditors] pTools button mapping: overlooking something

  • Lemire, David
    Message 1 of 9 , May 17, 2007
      John,

      Thanks. I'll double check, but: the scripts haven't changed, only the
      handheld has, and they were working on the CLIE. They were written a
      while back, but I don't think I've updated my pTools/Edit version since
      then.

      However, now that you mention it, I don't think I'm seeing the
      hold'n'hold messages at all, so maybe that's more of a pointer to the
      problem.

      DaveL

      Message 2 of 9 , May 17, 2007
        Hi Dave:

        On Thu, May 17, 2007 at 07:00:43AM -0400, Lemire, David wrote:
        > Thanks. I'll double check, but: the scripts haven't changed, only the
        > handheld has, and they were working on the CLIE. They were written a
        > while back, but I don't think I've updated my pTools/Edit version since
        > then.

        I have no idea what's going on, I haven't read anything and I don't want to.
        I just point out that different versions of the Palm OS can behave
        differently. This is definitely the case with the DIA but other things change
        too. Usually a more advanced version of the OS means, guess what, more
        trouble.

        /Paul [working hard to please JohnM who, in return, works hard to give
        technical and customer support for me]
        Message 3 of 9 , May 17, 2007

          > /Paul [working hard to please JohnM who, in return, works hard to give
          > technical and customer support for me]

          Both of whom should pause working hard from time to time and go for a
          bike ride (when it stops raining). :)

          Message 4 of 9 , May 17, 2007
            Hi Dave-

            > Thanks. I'll double check, but: the scripts haven't changed, only the
            > handheld has, and they were working on the CLIE. They were written a
            > while back, but I don't think I've updated my pTools/Edit version since
            > then.
            >
            > However, now that you mention it, I don't think I'm seeing the
            > hold'n'hold messages at all, so maybe that's more of a pointer to the
            > problem.

            Yup. It might be worthwhile to freshly install the latest matched
            pair from Paul's website.

            Message 5 of 9 , May 17, 2007
              Quoting John Markley <jmmjr@...>:

              > Hi Dave-
              >
              >> Thanks. I'll double check, but: the scripts haven't changed, only the
              >> handheld has, and they were working on the CLIE. They were written a
              >> while back, but I don't think I've updated my pTools/Edit version since
              >> then.
              >>
              >> However, now that you mention it, I don't think I'm seeing the
              >> hold'n'hold messages at all, so maybe that's more of a pointer to the
              >> problem.
              >
              > Yup. It might be worthwhile to freshly install the latest matched
              > pair from Paul's website.
              >
              > ~ John

              Addendum- Maybe irrelevant since I don't know about the CLIE - but
              depending on how old it is and what OS version, you might have been
              using the old pToolButtons.prc which won't work properly in OS5. You
              need pToolButtonsPro.prc, which is with all the other .prc's in the
              main folder, and not pToolButtons.prc which is in a separate sub-folder.
              ~ John
            • Lemire, David
              Message 6 of 9 , May 17, 2007
                > > Yup. It might be worthwhile to freshly install the latest matched
                > > pair from Paul's website.
                >
                > Addendum- Maybe irrelevant since I don't know about the
                > CLIE - but
                > depending on how old it is and what OS version, you might
                > have been using the old pToolButtons.prc which won't work
                > properly in OS5. You need pToolButtonsPro.prc, which is with
                > all the other .prc's in the main folder, and not
                > pToolButtons.prc which is in a separate sub-folder.

                The CLIE was an OS 4 device; my Zire 72 is running OS 5.2.8; my pEdit /
                pTools versions are 8.04. You may well be right about the pToolButtons
                version; I always found that particular a trifle confusing.

                DaveL
                Message 7 of 9 , May 17, 2007
                  Quoting "Lemire, David" <d.lemire@...>:

                  > The CLIE was an OS 4 device; my Zire 72 is running OS 5.2.8; my pEdit /
                  > pTools versions are 8.04. You may well be right about the pToolButtons
                  > version; I always found that particular a trifle confusing.
                  >
                  > DaveL

                  pToolSet and pEditPro are on v 8.10 currently. You might consider
                  completely removing your older versions and installing 8.10 fresh.
                  Just *ignore* the folder labelled pToolButtons and install the
                  pToolButtonsPro.prc along with all the other .prc's in the main folder.
                  Good chance that'll do it, if the pScript is ok.