Re: [peditors] HTML browser for palm?

  • Franciso José Mancho
    Message 1 of 13 , May 1, 2007
      Hi Dennis

      Thank you for answering so fast.
      You are right they don't work in my m515.

      Neverthelss I have been told Blazer 2.0 could do it. I am looking for that
      program.

      Best regards,

      Jose

      --
      F. Jose Mancho
      Nairobi. Kenya

      Message 2 of 13 , May 1, 2007
        On Tue, May 01, 2007 at 12:17:14PM +0300, Franciso Jos? Mancho wrote:
        > Neverthelss I have been told Blazer 2.0 could do it. I am looking for that
        > program.

        I have Blazer 4.3 on my TX. Can it do it? /Paul
        Message 3 of 13 , May 1, 2007
          On 5/1/07, Paul Nevai <nevai@...-state.edu> wrote:
          > On Tue, May 01, 2007 at 12:17:14PM +0300, Franciso Jos? Mancho wrote:
          > > Neverthelss I have been told Blazer 2.0 could do it. I am looking for that
          > > program.
          >
          > I have Blazer 4.3 on my TX. Can it do it? /Paul

          Drop an HTML document onto your card and try it. The first question
          is whether Blazer can open local files. The second question is what
          you see if it can.

          My experiments doing that here have not been very productive, but Iw
          as tring to use files that make fairly heavy use of CSS and
          Javascript.. Plain old HTML might work.
          Message 4 of 13 , May 1, 2007
            On Tue, May 01, 2007 at 11:14:42AM -0400, dmccunney wrote:
            > Drop an HTML document onto your card and try it. The first question
            > is whether Blazer can open local files. The second question is what
            > you see if it can.

            How do I open local files? file://...? Please give an example. /Paul
            Message 5 of 13 , May 1, 2007
              On 5/1/07, Paul Nevai <nevai@...-state.edu> wrote:
              > On Tue, May 01, 2007 at 11:14:42AM -0400, dmccunney wrote:
              > > Drop an HTML document onto your card and try it. The first question
              > > is whether Blazer can open local files. The second question is what
              > > you see if it can.
              >
              > How do I open local files? file://...? Please give an example. /Paul

              In nWeb, I do it as Page/Open Page/Open Card, and navigate through the
              card(s) till I find the HTML file I want. It shows up in a bookmark
              as file://<card>//<whatever>.

              Cards here are kisted is Internal, PRIMARY, and SECONDARY. Internal
              is a virtual card implemented in RAM by the Zodiac's version of
              PalmOS, intended to let folks who don't have SD cards Hotsync JPGs and
              MP3s for use with the internal Photos and Music apps. PRIMARY and
              SECONDARY are the volume labels for the two 2GB SD cards I have
              installed. (The Zodiac has two SD slots, one of which is SDIO, and
              SECONDARY is swapped for my SanDisk 256MB+Wifi card when I wish to go
              on line.)

              I don't know how Blazer handles it, in terms of how you get to the
              card in the first place, and since Blazer isn't available as a
              seperate product, I have no way to get, install, and try it.

              Lets us know what your results are. I just tried it with another HTML
              file on the card, and it displayed the file fine, but crashed and
              reset when I tried to jump to a hyperlink. :-(
              Message 6 of 13 , May 2, 2007
                On Tue, May 01, 2007 at 06:30:46PM -0400, dmccunney wrote:
                > In nWeb, I do it as Page/Open Page/Open Card, and navigate through the
                > card(s) till I find the HTML file I want. It shows up in a bookmark
                > as file://<card>//<whatever>.

                Can't no do with Blazer...Too bad...Paul
                Message 7 of 13 , May 2, 2007
                  On 5/2/07, Paul Nevai <nevai@...-state.edu> wrote:
                  > On Tue, May 01, 2007 at 06:30:46PM -0400, dmccunney wrote:
                  > > In nWeb, I do it as Page/Open Page/Open Card, and navigate through the
                  > > card(s) till I find the HTML file I want. It shows up in a bookmark
                  > > as file://<card>//<whatever>.
                  >
                  > Can't no do with Blazer...Too bad...Paul

                  The state of the art in Palm browsers isn't that good. The Zodiac
                  comes with a browser based on v2 of a Palmsource product. I've also
                  looked at nWeb (my current production browser), NetFront, Xiino, Opera
                  Mini, and a few other things. I wouldn't call any of them all that
                  good, and falling down trying to access local content is one of the
                  issues. (Tapwave Web can't do it at all.)

                  I'm fascinated by Palm's apparent reversal of direction: I'd heard
                  that Opera wanted to port Opera Mobile to PalmOS, but Palm wasn't
                  interested. At their recent Investor Day presentations, they
                  announced a partnership with Opera for future products, so we may see
                  Opera Mobile on Palm devices. The question, of course, is what these
                  devices will be.
                • Franciso José Mancho
                  Message 8 of 13 , May 3, 2007
                    Hi,

                    Just to inform that Blazer 2.0 works in my m515 but it doesn't open files in
                    the card. It is a pity. I have realized that it is very easy to format plain
                    text following HTML rules (a simple formatting, I mean: underlining,
                    bolding, and so). I would be very happy if I find I program for that.

                    Nevertheless, as Dennis says, I can always convert files into Plucker files
                    to see the result.

                    If I find anything I'll let you know.

                    José

                    --
                    F. Jose Mancho
                    Nairobi. Kenya

                    Message 9 of 13 , May 3, 2007

                      Perhaps this? http://txt2html.sourceforge.net/

                      > Nevertheless, as Dennis says, I can always convert files into Plucker files
                      > to see the result.

                      That's your best option, given limitations in the available Palm
                      browsers. One chap on the Plucker Development list wondered about
                      porting the parser to the Palm, so you could convert HTML files on a
                      card to the format Plucker uses. The response was essentially "You
                      *really* don't want to go there..."

                      > If I find anything I'll let you know.

                      Please do.
                    • Franciso José Mancho
                      Message 10 of 13 , Jun 8, 2007
                        I have recieved this information. It might be useful for you:
                        "You might take a look at Dragon Edit
                        http://www.greendragonsoftware.com/software/palm/dragonedit/index.shtml

                        I don't use it but I know it is a html editor and iot claims to have a
                        preview section."

                        I am going to try it.

                        Jose

                        --
                        F. Jose Mancho
                        Nairobi. Kenya

                      • fjmancho
                        Message 11 of 13 , Nov 16, 2007
                          Hi

                          You might be interested in these two programs

                          "Send to Applications" and "Send to Card"

                          http://www.palmgear.com/?xyz=136119
                          http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=software.showsoftware&prodid=136118&PartnerREF=&siteid=1

                          The second one can send any HTML file to WebPro (built-in web browser
                          application)

                          It works fine for me.

                          Jose