Re: [peditors] Pilot-Link & 32K Memos

  • Dan Stromberg
    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 7, 2007
      Last I heard the author of jpilot was working (had completed?) a fix for
      this.

      Basically, jpilot comes with a plugin that makes it work with pedit32 out of
      the box = just check the box for pedit32 support.

      But to get jpilot to use large memos with the standard databases (which is
      advantageous if you want to sync with both windows and linux), you might try
      the attached patch, which I've been using for a while. I wrote it - it's a
      bit of a hack - use the jpilot author's patch when it becomes available
      instead.

      With my patch there'll most likely be some files under /usr/local that
      jpilot will want, and won't install by default. I created my copies using a
      binary file editor. I've also attached a copy of MemosDB-PMem, which will
      go somewhere under your $prefix, like perhaps
      /usr/local/share/jpilot/MemosDB-PMem.pdb.. You can get the exact path
      needed with strace :)

      --
      Dan Stromberg

      Message 2 of 12 , Apr 8, 2007
        Hi Dan:

        On Sat, Apr 07, 2007 at 04:15:43PM -0700, Dan Stromberg wrote:
        > But to get jpilot to use large memos with the standard databases (which is
        > advantageous if you want to sync with both windows and linux), you might try
        > the attached patch, which I've been using for a while. I wrote it - it's a
        > bit of a hack - use the jpilot author's patch when it becomes available
        > instead.

        Attachments are not allowed by yahoo. Whoever wants it, should probably
        contact Dan directly. Or Dan could send the patch as a regular e-mail to the
        Forum. /Paul
      • Jerry Gluck
        Message 3 of 12 , Apr 8, 2007
          Paul / Dan,

          Thanks, but it's Herve (the OT/OP) who would need that. I don't sync my TX, I
          back it up automatically twice a day.

          Regards,

          -Jerry

          --
          Commonsense is on perpetual backorder...
        • Hervé Guillemot
          Message 4 of 12 , Apr 10, 2007
            Hi everybody !

            Thanks a lot for your investigations !

            My version of Jpilot is 0.99.9. Pilot-link is in 0.12.1.

            I've builbed the sources of these two programs but I'm not a hacker so
            I'm not able to explore the code of Jpilot

            Effectively, I would really appreciate to use Jpilot wiht the standard
            32k memos.
            Jpilot *does* support Memos32.pdb but when I activate this feature I
            no longer see other memos in Jpilot unless I de-activate it.

            Dan's patch is probably the solution of my problem.

            Is there any solution to get it ?
            In "files" section of this group ?

            Herve

            Message 5 of 12 , Apr 10, 2007
              On Tue, Apr 10, 2007 at 02:09:42PM -0000, Herv? Guillemot wrote:
              > Dan's patch is probably the solution of my problem.
              >
              > Is there any solution to get it ?
              > In "files" section of this group ?

              I BCC this to Dan. /Paul
            • Hervé Guillemot