palm backup

    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 29 6:52 AM
      Hi Guys:

      Let me plug BackupMan 2.3 [google it].

      There are many excellent backup programs, some via the DeskTop, some via SD
      cards.

      I've been using BackupMan for years now and I love that it works perfectly
      and very fast after hard resets. It is also great at restoring individual
      files.

      N.B. After hard resets, first HotSync, and then use BackupMan.

      I keep 5 backup copies on my SD card and I backup my SD card more or less
      regularly to my Mac using a card reader.

      N.B. BackupMan 1.xx and 2.xx are not compatible so keep a copy of your
      BackupMan 1.xx too in case you want to restore from old backups.

      /Paul [small print: my BackupMan was free but the above plug was 100%
      unsolicited]
    • Steve Kunkel
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 29 7:55 AM
        DOes it do automatic backups?? I've started using Northglide's
        stuff. IT can do a backup at each hotsync or back up a particular app
        each time you exit it.

        ===
        ps follow up: A while back I posted that my Outlook and Palm and
        spontaneously purged my calendar DB. I searched and searched and
        could'nd find the thing.
        Eventually (after I stopped looking for it) I did find it.
        Apparently the Outlook Calendar folder switched it'self from being
        "Calendar" (which I uploaded to the change server and which is read by
        hotsync) to "Calendar in Personal Folders" (which is apparently hidden
        from everything untill you click it's icon in the folder tree)
        DOHHH!!!!!!!! Oh well, live and learn. -steve

        --
        __
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 29 8:49 AM
          On Thu, Mar 29, 2007 at 07:55:05AM -0700, Steve Kunkel wrote:
          > DOes it do automatic backups??

          Yes. In numerous optional ways. /Paul