pedit+Iambic Reader = webmastering on Palm

  • Michael D. Hensley
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 8, 2000
      > Write html code using pedit, then export to doc format and read it
      > with Iambic doc reader. You see the html formatting as intended. If
      > you write "Hello <b>Bob</b>.", you see "Bob" bolded. Etc. Iambic does
      > links too, so I hear.
      >
      > That's really, really useful to me, and maybe to some others.

      It doesn't work with iSilo (my favourite DOC reader), though. I think they
      strip the tags on the desktop, and can't parse them on the Palm.

      Arrgghhhhh! Now I'm going to have to carry THREE DOC readers around: iSilo,
      PeanutReader, and Iambic.

      Seriously, though, thanks for pointing this out. This is valuable enough that
      it really should be added to the pedit manual.

      ---
      Michael D. Hensley | mailto:michaelh@...
      Allegro Consultants Inc. |
      408/252-2330 | Visit scenic http://www.allegro.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 12, 2000
        Michael D. Hensley wrote to Paul Nevai:
        #
        # > Write html code using pedit, then export to doc format and read it
        # > with Iambic doc reader. You see the html formatting as intended. If
        # > you write "Hello <b>Bob</b>.", you see "Bob" bolded. Etc. Iambic does
        # > links too, so I hear.
        # >
        # > That's really, really useful to me, and maybe to some others.
        #
        # It doesn't work with iSilo (my favourite DOC reader), though. I think they
        # strip the tags on the desktop, and can't parse them on the Palm.
        #
        # Arrgghhhhh! Now I'm going to have to carry THREE DOC readers around: iSilo,
        # PeanutReader, and Iambic.
        #
        # Seriously, though, thanks for pointing this out. This is valuable enough
        # that it really should be added to the pedit manual.

        What should be added? Best regards, Paul
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 12, 2000
          # Write html code using pedit, then export to doc format and read it
          # with Iambic doc reader. You see the html formatting as intended. If
          # you write "Hello <b>Bob</b>.", you see "Bob" bolded. Etc. Iambic does
          # links too, so I hear.

          That's cool. Does Iambic doc reader understand a large subset of html or just
          a few?

          Best regards, Paul [pedit: http://www.math.ohio-state.edu/~nevai/palm/ ]
        • efaith@mindspring.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 15, 2000
            --- In peditors@egroups.com, Paul Nevai <nevai@m...> wrote:
            > # Write html code using pedit, then export to doc format and read
            it
            > # with Iambic doc reader. You see the html formatting as intended.
            If
            > # you write "Hello <b>Bob</b>.", you see "Bob" bolded. Etc. Iambic
            does
            > # links too, so I hear.
            >
            > That's cool. Does Iambic doc reader understand a large subset of
            html or just
            > a few?
            >
            > Best regards, Paul [pedit: http://www.math.ohio-
            state.edu/~nevai/palm/ ]

            Here's a page that lists the tags that Iambic reader supports:

            http://www.iambic.com/pilot/reader/html.stm