Need Treo ESC help

    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 2, 2007
      I'm trying to help a new pToolSet-er who uses a Treo650 set up and run a pScript for a
      particular interaction with DateBk6. I've never used a Treo or any other thumb keyboard HH;
      currently use TX. The pScript works fine, but part of the goal is to do everything with buttons
      and keys only, no stylus use at all. I started by activating the pScript using a "run pScriptX"
      hard button hold'n'hold, which works fine the first time, but hangs with some kind of event-
      queue glitch the second time it's used if the 5way has been used in between. Haven't been
      able to solve this yet. (For a complete summary see my 1:51:18 pm EST today post "DateBk
      categories pScrpt").

      What I need you Treo-ers for, is, using an ESC char is an alternative to make this work, but
      Rob reports that the only ESC chars he can do with the 650 are lower case letters a-z, no
      punctuation or symbol characters are available. Do any of you have working ESC on a Treo?
      If so, what, how? I'm clueless since I have no Treo experience.

      ~ John
    • Jon Hind
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 2, 2007
        I have used the full stop as an escape character. But it's very frustrating
        due to it's use as a get out chracxter in lots of ptool struff and the
        frustration of using it as a full stop.

        --
        Jon

        Email and MSN: jon@...
        Yahoo and Google Chat: wjonhind
        Skype: jonhind

        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 2, 2007
          Quoting Jon Hind <lists@...>:

          > I have used the full stop as an escape character. But it's very frustrating
          > due to it's use as a get out chracxter in lots of ptool struff and the
          > frustration of using it as a full stop.

          Thanks Jon.

          ~ John
        • Jon Hind
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 2, 2007
            full stop ? = punkt, nokta, period. - one of those things that end a
            sentence !

            Not that sentence but this one.

            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 3, 2007
              On Sat, Feb 03, 2007 at 07:47:24AM +0000, Jon Hind wrote:
              > full stop ? = punkt, nokta, period. - one of those things that end a
              > sentence !
              >
              > Not that sentence but this one.

              Which one? This one? [smiley]

              BTW, "q" is a good ESC key for me. TAB too. /Paul
            • crobinso13
              Message 6 of 8 , Feb 7, 2007
                I've been using "z," and it works reasonably well, too. By TAB, do you
                mean Option/Shift?

                Message 7 of 8 , Feb 7, 2007
                  On Wed, Feb 07, 2007 at 02:12:48PM -0000, crobinso13 wrote:
                  > I've been using "z," and it works reasonably well, too. By TAB, do you
                  > mean Option/Shift?

                  I don't mean anything. I don't have a Treo. On the TC there was a TAB. Even
                  on the TX [or any Palm with DIA], the keyboard has a TAB.

                  NOTE. "q" is in a perfect position. Almlost wheer '`' is on a regular
                  keyboard. "z" is good too for similar reasons.

                  Message 8 of 8 , Feb 7, 2007
                    > NOTE. "q" is in a perfect position. Almlost wheer '`' is on a regular

                    Sorry for my typos!!! /Paul